Coaching badges and playing experience

Evening all,

To date I have only tried to manage my beloved Liverpool side on this years version of FM. I am ashamed to say I have failed at it on each occasion. I did manage to win the Europa League but finished 8th in the league so I view this as failure. I have failed to get any level of consistency in my team, struggle to keep good morale and also struggle with every tactic I have tried to build.

I am now starting to question whether coaching badges and past playing experience plays a part in my struggles? I always start with no coaching badges and sunday league experience because anything else is simply not true. I'm one of those people who would feel as if i'm cheating if a said I had a Continental Pro License and was an ex international footballer (i'm not retired from international duty though if Roy Hodgson fancies giving me a run in the sticks :)). Does this have an impact on my struggles and if so, how much?

Once the winter update is released I plan on starting a save at the very bottom of English football and doing a long term career, working my way up through the leagues, collecting my coaching badges on the way. This to me feels more realistic and will also be a nice challenge and change to my Liverpool attempts.

I suppose my question is, am I just very bad at this game or are my starting settings making life difficult for myself?

Thanks

If any manager managed Liverpool with no past playing experience or any badges at all, he would struggle. Isn't that true? Find a tactic that works well for the LFC squad. Wingbacks Overlapping, Crossing, Use to Benteke's strengths, Everything goes through Couthino.

That is true in a real life scenario but I want to know what impact it has in the game. I imagine it will have some but how much i'm not sure.

I've tried various different tactics and played with each extensively, but I never seem to find a balance and always struggle to get the goals from my striker. This is something I am spending endless time reading on the tactics section so i'm sure I will get there. No doubt there will be some changes to the ME which usually have an effect on how certain tactics perform so I am going to wait for the update before trying again. My main issue or questions remains that detailed in the thread title :)

I find players tend not to respect you fully and do not buy into your ideology, tactics etc as they believe you are under qualified for the role. Takes a lot of years and success to change that thinking.

I mean put it this way, in your current real life job, you are well respected, talented professional and all of a sudden a 16 year old guy is appointed as your boss, past experience as a checkout assistant at ASDA would you respect or trust his talents in the industry you work in?

Just the way I look at it, some may see it different. I have had similar struggles on some saves for this very reason.

Archived