Championship Manager 03/04 help.

Hi Guys,

I am not sure if am allowed to post here but i am needing some help. I am running windows 10. I have just installed cm 03/04. Everything went fine but it wont run. I can double click on the icon then nothing happens. The editor loads and so does the demo and i cant understand why the game itself wont load.

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

That game is no longer supported by SI, I believe the CM franchise is now a property of Square Enix. That being said you're unlikely to get a game that old running on Windows 10.

Two things you might try (although no guarantee that ieither options works):

1) Windows 10 allows you to run older programs in emulator (meaning that Windows 10 will create an artifical Windows 7/8 environment to get your program running).

2) Try to run through Steam. Some games (like Medieval II: Total War) do not run in Windows 10, but if you add the game to Steam library and run it in Steam it works well.

That game is no longer supported by SI, I believe the CM franchise is now a property of Square Enix. That being said you're unlikely to get a game that old running on Windows 10.

I've had plenty of games older than that running without a problem on Windows 10.

OP, have you tried the good old fashioned method of telling it to run in compatibility mode with Windows XP?

This has been reported by another user :

As far as I'm aware the older CM/FM games can't be played on Windows 10. This is due to the way Windows 10 has changed the way that Windows handles DRM issues and so most of the older FM games have proved difficult/impossible to get running on Windows 10. secdrv.sys driver cannot now be run or installed on Windows 10 and has been disabled by a W10 security upgrade.

Archived