Rival computer controlled teams stealing my tactics

Has anybody else experienced rival clubs copying your formation once you have been successful over a period of time?

I am in 2029 in my Aston Villa save. I have won Premier League 9 times in a row, Champions League 7 times in a row etc etc. And I have noticed that when I line up against big time league rivals like Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal they have all changed to my formation.

It's not your basic 442, 433 or whatever so I feel like they have purposely copied me to emulate my success. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if I'm just imagining it?!

I've seen it so many times - always to my delight - chances are they've done no work on it and are sitting at 40/50 maybe competent at best and they're coming up against me and my well drilled unit. I'll not even bother watching this match - time to make some tea! (WARN AGAINST COMPLACENCY)

What I really love is when suddenly you come up against something your team just can't cope with - I remember playing last years version and it was about 2030-2035 and this dutch manage called Kooistra or something similar ended up managing a Liverpool team I'd left to rescue Tottenham from League one.

Anyway, he had this 4-3-3 - not the wide version - three strikers and I was playing 4-4-1-1 with two regista's as my DM's and dominating all - not this - every time we played - I got murdered - I'd find myself 4-0 down before half time. Took me a while but ended up with 3-DM's away from home - sacrificing my AM for an ANC and changing my Registas into DM's - I'd grind out results away from home with that - at home - 3-4-3 - man for man at the back and a direct battering ram style not far off Wolves from the 50's got me some sweet revenge in the home games. Shook me up - made me think, made me change - they're the ones I really love - otherwise you never improve, never get presented with a situation that actually improves your understanding not just of the game, but football itself.

It's like this whole False-9 - I couldn't get my head round it - wondered why Fabregas was considered appropriate - now - NOW i get it - now I know why messi is literally perfect for it and why Fabregas made sense.

I remember watching a horrendous Rangers team - a pub team organized like a master by Walter Smith make it all the way to the Euro Cup Final - This at the time was the worst Rangers team in years - but I sat and watched this pub team put out Sporting Lisbon Fiorentina and the like, just by being so well organized and have outs like diaginal balls to McCulloch - a wide target man if you like - bringing it into the game - and being able to emulate it to a degree.

Or the first time I saw Ashley Cole not overlapping - underlapping his winger - I didn't have a name for it back then and at the time Inverted Wing-Backs weren't about in the game yet - but behold - we've got em now. I have no idea what I'm talking about or how I got started - think I should go away and play or sleep or something!

I've seen it so many times - always to my delight - chances are they've done no work on it and are sitting at 40/50 maybe competent at best and they're coming up against me and my well drilled unit. I'll not even bother watching this match - time to make some tea! (WARN AGAINST COMPLACENCY)

What I really love is when suddenly you come up against something your team just can't cope with - I remember playing last years version and it was about 2030-2035 and this dutch manage called Kooistra or something similar ended up managing a Liverpool team I'd left to rescue Tottenham from League one.

Anyway, he had this 4-3-3 - not the wide version - three strikers and I was playing 4-4-1-1 with two regista's as my DM's and dominating all - not this - every time we played - I got murdered - I'd find myself 4-0 down before half time. Took me a while but ended up with 3-DM's away from home - sacrificing my AM for an ANC and changing my Registas into DM's - I'd grind out results away from home with that - at home - 3-4-3 - man for man at the back and a direct battering ram style not far off Wolves from the 50's got me some sweet revenge in the home games. Shook me up - made me think, made me change - they're the ones I really love - otherwise you never improve, never get presented with a situation that actually improves your understanding not just of the game, but football itself.

It's like this whole False-9 - I couldn't get my head round it - wondered why Fabregas was considered appropriate - now - NOW i get it - now I know why messi is literally perfect for it and why Fabregas made sense.

I remember watching a horrendous Rangers team - a pub team organized like a master by Walter Smith make it all the way to the Euro Cup Final - This at the time was the worst Rangers team in years - but I sat and watched this pub team put out Sporting Lisbon Fiorentina and the like, just by being so well organized and have outs like diaginal balls to McCulloch - a wide target man if you like - bringing it into the game - and being able to emulate it to a degree.

Or the first time I saw Ashley Cole not overlapping - underlapping his winger - I didn't have a name for it back then and at the time Inverted Wing-Backs weren't about in the game yet - but behold - we've got em now. I have no idea what I'm talking about or how I got started - think I should go away and play or sleep or something!

Haha excellent. Good to know I'm not the only one slowly losing my mind to FM.

It's been in the game since about 2012 :D

Is this also true of AI copying the AI? I'm on my 5th season and noticed more and more teams playing the flat 4-3-3 which I think had been used by a few successful teams in the past couple of seasons.

Is this also true of AI copying the AI? I'm on my 5th season and noticed more and more teams playing the flat 4-3-3 which I think had been used by a few successful teams in the past couple of seasons.

Any tactic that does well over a period of time, then other teams will start using it. It works like real life in that sense. Tactical trends happen.

Has anybody else experienced rival clubs copying your formation once you have been successful over a period of time?

I am in 2029 in my Aston Villa save. I have won Premier League 9 times in a row, Champions League 7 times in a row etc etc. And I have noticed that when I line up against big time league rivals like Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal they have all changed to my formation.

It's not your basic 442, 433 or whatever so I feel like they have purposely copied me to emulate my success. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if I'm just imagining it?!

So what tactic do you use exactly? Is it some weird looking formation ? The strangest tendency in my game is in lower Italian leagues where managers seem to like the 3-1-3-1-2 formation although when promoted to Serie A they get trashed using it.

I play with a 4-1-3-2 which is not a typical formation. It hasn't happened in FM16, but in FM15 I found several Italian Teams at all levels start playing with it after I started winning Serie A with it regularly.

Archived