FMT for iPad questions

Hi,

I am planning on buying FM Touch 2016 for my iPad Air 2. Since I read it's a "streamlined" FM I have some concerns. I've read a couple of reviews but no answers to these questions.

1. In every footy manager game I like to start at the bottom. In FMT Create-a-club, how many leagues are there in the UK?

2. Can you watch the full match in 3D in FMT or just highlights?

3. I read about IAPs in this not free game. Like when a player is injured I can guy magic gems to cure him. Is it just a convenience you can do without, or has the non-magic recovery speed been made intentionally much slower than in FM or Steam FMT?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm playing exclusively FMT Touch on iPad Air 2, and it is a joy to play (for me at least). Regarding your questions:

1. I haven't tried Create-a-club, but I can telly that England on setup game has all the leagues that are in the full game (so from north - south conference onward).

2. You can't only watch up to comprehensive highlights, unfortunately you cannot watch a full match

3. You can easily live without IAPs; in fact for me IAPs are actually cheats. Injuries, suspensions and the likes are part of football. You don't wan't to spoil your game by magically remove injuries, removing suspensions, abolish transfer windows or by poisoning your opponents lunch (dodgy lasagne). There are unlockables (the biggest one for me is managing international teams) which you can get by simply do well in the game (winning manager of the year unlocks international management). You don't need to buy it.

In my opinion, while the iPad version is somewhat limited to the PC version (no full game option and limited stats - like you only get the last 5 match data for scout reports) it is a great version if you want to play anywhere (I enjoy my game during work commute or on lunch break at work).

Hi,

2. You can't only watch up to comprehensive highlights, unfortunately you cannot watch a full match

I am bed ridden and will be for 3 about more months, so I have to resort to tablet games atm. But the ability to watch a match in 3D is a very important feature for me, and just because I cannot play on a PC atm won't change that unfortunately. This highlights-only limitation on 3D matches (can't even imagine why) is a deal-breaker. Thanks for the info.

I am bed ridden and will be for 3 about more months, so I have to resort to tablet games atm. But the ability to watch a match in 3D is a very important feature for me, and just because I cannot play on a PC atm won't change that unfortunately. This highlights-only limitation on 3D matches (can't even imagine why) is a deal-breaker. Thanks for the info.

I understand what you mean. I was disappointed too by the lack of full match options, especially since I had a very troubled start with the game, I couldn't find a good tactic, and I was suggested to watch few full matches, which I couldn't :(.

In time I've learnt to live with comprehensive highlights, and even if they don't show all the match, I've got used to read them and get important feedback in order to tweak my tactic.

Full 3D matches are not only good to see what's wrong with tactics, your guys' skills or stamina, and a much more natural way to do that than text reports, but also a pleasure to watch. I loved the Total Club Manager (then FIFA manager) games for that, with the current (or current-1) FIFA engine, seeing my guys run around and do stuff was a pleasure. Well, never mind, maybe in some later version.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey - I've played every version on the PC and tried FMC15 when I started commuting for work and then moved to FMT16 and haven't bought the full version for PC. I like it, I find I can fire through seasons quicker because I don't get bogged down in the extra detail available and you don't have to worry about press conferences, team-talks or tactical familiarity.

I do miss some of that extra detail of course - the full match would be useful but it's not vital I find and you don't have much control over affiliate clubs, coaching is stripped back and obviously the overall database is smaller so you don't get to create as big and immersive a gameworld - but overall I love it.

It's great to be on the train and pick up my iPad and fire through a couple of matches and I'm almost at my destination...!

Archived