"Between highlights" speed is slow

I have the same problem. The gameclock is ticking by at 15 seconds intervalls, even when I have the bar for between highlights set at max. It is not so slow that it's unplayable, but it's weird that it doesn't run anywhere near as fast as it has in the earlier FM games.

The game slows down to the highlight speed selected whenever commentary is displayed between highlights which is pretty much all the time. It makes the 'between highlights' speed setting pretty much useless.

I dont agree. Its no problem to speed up the process when commentary/key is on - or speeding down. I can make it go so fast that it dosnt even blink when scoring a goal. But between highlights its just slow nomatter what you do... And depending on tactics there isnt non stop action so for me it isnt useless :)

I dont agree. Its no problem to speed up the process when commentary/key is on - or speeding down. I can make it go so fast that it dosnt even blink when scoring a goal. But between highlights its just slow nomatter what you do... And depending on tactics there isnt non stop action so for me it isnt useless :)

That's how it works for me. If I set highlight speed on the fastest setting then everything between the highlights will also fly by at a fast speed. When I slow the highlights down the commentary between highlights slows down along with it. It's useless in it's current form. I don't read the commentary so there is no need to slow it down for me. At least allow a separate option or something.

It seems to go faster now; In preferences I changed the graphis to low quality and there is also a "between highlights" slider which Ive sat to high speed

I dont use 3D so dont know about the quality. Anyway it dosnt annoy me anymore :-)

• 4 months later...

I got the same issue as this topic says. I haven't played FM16 for around 2 months now. The issue i have is within the matches. During the highlights, everything is fine and works smooth, but between the highlights the match is ticking 15 seconds each. This means it takes around 10-15 minutes just to play one game.

I play on a Macbook Air from around 2015. The thing is that it has worked well before (during last year and earlier this year), but I reckon this has got to be something connected to the last patch or something like that. Of course all the settings are set to high during the matches (highest speed during/between highlights for example).

Now I play on 2D, so I guess it's not related to graphics or something. The game works smoothly in the menus and during the highlights, but it's between the highlights that it goes extremely slow.

Does anyone else have this issue right now?

Archived