Developing youngsters

I watched a you-tube video what stated that youngsters should have a heavy workload but when i tried to access the way he did it, my fm16 came up with a different format as the video. So how do i give my youngsters a heavy workload as mine is just coming up as average.

• SI Staff

Hey stevo21

Was this a FM15 video? In FM16 you do not manually set workload, it is instead calculated from how much extra training you give the player, eg. Position/role training, PPM, Additional Focus, etc.

"Individual Training Workload" can be seen middle right of the Player > Development > Training page, and under "Workload" at the bottom right-hand corner of the Training > Individual page.

Cheers,

Seb.

Not sure if it was FM15 but thanks for your reply

Hey stevo21

Was this a FM15 video? In FM16 you do not manually set workload, it is instead calculated from how much extra training you give the player, eg. Position/role training, PPM, Additional Focus, etc.

"Individual Training Workload" can be seen middle right of the Player > Development > Training page, and under "Workload" at the bottom right-hand corner of the Training > Individual page.

Cheers,

Seb.

I'm doing a FM Youth challenge which is all about developing young players the right way for sustained long term success...I wouldn't give younger players a heavy work load as it's going to possibly burn them out and inflict more injuries which could stunt their development.

You could check out my series ( now on series 2) and pick out the hints and tips but the first main one for me would be get them playing games...if you can't get them out on loan manually get the U21's and Under 18's playing friendlies increase their match workload and get them playing that way.

I have to agree with thatdamngood, get them on a high training workload but not very heavy, and plenty of matches. If sending out on loan make sure the loanee club have good facilities or it can do more harm than good. Also make sure they are given key player or first team, they need to play whilst out on loan.

Another key thing is to ignore the potential ability that your coaches/assistant gives until your youth players are at least 18. I find the rating is very rarely accurate when under 18.

100% agree on the further points you made. Your coaches unless you are many, many years into the future and you have crafted a backroom staff you 100% trust shouldn't sway your opinion.

Always have a recall option on any loan in case his game time goes down or doesn't materialize and don't be afraid to warn or praise training or playing level either at the home club or the loan club

100% agree on the further points you made. Your coaches unless you are many, many years into the future and you have crafted a backroom staff you 100% trust shouldn't sway your opinion.

Always have a recall option on any loan in case his game time goes down or doesn't materialize and don't be afraid to warn or praise training or playing level either at the home club or the loan club

I have never praised a player for training.. Does it have any effect..?

Currently having a youngster that's developed tremendously last month, probably should praise him.. :)

Personally IMO player interaction does more harm than good I have found. Stay off player interaction, especially praising.

I find the players go on terrible runs of form after praising how well they have played over a certain period.

For me its quite the opposite. I tend to use the praise/warn option a lot which have given me some good results. I would definitely recommend using player interaction.

Archived