[FM 15.3.2] How to display opposition roles / duties ?

Jebedaias

Guys, quick question: what files would I need to put into my skin's panels folder so I can have the opposition's roles / duties show-up like this:

E3_OEVTx.jpg

7zr_Qbb_V.jpg

Rashidi explained on a Youtube video

that there are / were a few skins that have this by default, but I don't want to change the skin I'm using now, just looking for the right .xml files to add in there (assuming they'd be compatible). I know some say it's like cheating, but I'm bad enough at the game as it is, I could use some pointers like in those screens. :)

So I dropped those two .xml files from Andromeda V4 in my current skins's panels folder and I noticed a (literally) small problem:

tactic_icons.jpg

During the match, the formation icons have almost disappeared (if you squint you might see them haha). I'm guessing one of the .xml files mentioned calls for some custom icons specific to that skin, but I'm not sure. Any ideas how to get these to show-up properly ?

Should be the match full window, it will point to the 2 widgets (one home/one away).

look for the lines <flags id="icon_flags" value="use_player_kits_back,show_number,show_name_on_hover,hide_bordered_box" />

the value box will hold the info stlye of the icons on the mini pitches.

I got ahold of Scorpio 1.8 and tried the tactics info panel.xml from it. It does what I want regarding roles & duties, but the same thing happens with the in-game formation icons, like in the above screenshot.

I'm at work now and can't check what other files I have in my skin's panels folder, but I downloaded Scorpio 1.8 here and checked the xml code in the tactics info panel file - I don't see anything you mention in there.

At home, if I take the file out of the panels folder, everything goes back to default. I use the BlueO skin by ClemB and as far as I know it doesn't have any custom panels or icons that would influence that in-game formation panels, so I'm thinking it's definitely something in this file that influences it (with file - tiny invisible pins, without file - default look).

Have a look in the match formation panel

look for the lines <flags id="icon_flags" value="use_player_kits_back,show_number,show_name_ on_hover,hide_bordered_box" />

if you change it to

<widget class="pitch_with_tactics" id="pwtc" navigation_disabled="true" icon_flags="show_number">

you will see the bigger circles with the player num. inside

I'll have a look when I get home, I just have the Scorpio 1.8 skin here. But for what I can tell, it doesn't have a "match formation" file in the panels folder and I can't find that code in the tactics icon info either.

Ok wkdsoul, I'll have a look at it when I get home and see what's exactly in my skin's panels folder. Although like I said, it's just this 1 file (tactics icon info.xml - pastebin above) that I added, I haven't changed anything else. Don't know if there's any code in it that would change the default in-match formations looks, but it seems to do so.

Should be the match full window, it will point to the 2 widgets (one home/one away).

look for the lines <flags id="icon_flags" value="use_player_kits_back,show_number,show_name_on_hover,hide_bordered_box" />

Thanks wkdsoul - this worked. I didn't have that file in there, so I copied it from the Scorpio skin and added "show_number" as value for the icon_flags id and now I can see normal sized dots with players' numbers on the match formation screen widgets.

Archived