Unrealistic match scheduling

So I'm playing as Liverpool and the Europa quarterfinal match against Dynamo Kiev, in Kiev, kicks off at 1945 on Thursday and the match at City kicks off at noon on Saturday. :applause:

Why? Every other Europa league match was followed by a late Sunday fixture.

It's also a potential season definer, 6 games left, City is in 1st and I'm in 3rd.

At least give us the ability to officially complain to the FA and/or allow us a Moan-rinho-esque choice of answers in the pre/post match press conference if I'm going to get shafted like that.

It is the best when I get a league clash on Sunday, domestic cup on Tuesday, Euro League on Thursday and another league clash on Saturday. I enjoy it so much.

The more seasons I play, the worse scheduling seems to get. I really wish it would get an overhaul. This has been going on for many years now and it's starting to feel like the only part of the game that remains untouched.

It is the best when I get a league clash on Sunday, domestic cup on Tuesday, Euro League on Thursday and another league clash on Saturday. I enjoy it so much.

The more seasons I play, the worse scheduling seems to get. I really wish it would get an overhaul. This has been going on for many years now and it's starting to feel like the only part of the game that remains untouched.

Not really sure there's much there to do. Fixture backlogs are fixed in real life by people, not systems. If you end up in an "unrealistic" (in the way that it's never been done in real life) situation where you're in every competition until late in the season, then there's always going to be weird stuff, particularly if you're in the Europa League. There's only so many days to play games.

I posted in another thread about the closest example - it was Fulham in the season they got to the Europa League final. They didn't go too far in either domestic cup, which is the main difference. They still had some pretty tough runs late in the season though.

I would imagine that simply creating a setting that ensures that no more than two games are played in any one week would do the trick. (And, if there are not enough weeks left in the season to meet that, then that is when you start having to play three games a week, just like Rangers had to do a few years ago when they made a run to the UEFA Cup final in 2007-08. But, as mentioned above, I would think that this situation of having to play three - or more - games a week should be rare, just like in real life, even for the biggest clubs playing deep in multiple competitions.)

It is late season, Capital One Cup is over, I'm in the FA Cup semi's and the Europa so there is naturally some fixture congestion, but I think FM should address this in an update to improve the fixture logic, as as has been suggested above.

There is time in this month for rest between matches, it's just a very poor allocation of the time.

The City game on the 9th should have been on Monday night and I'd still have 2 days before the Europa 2nd leg.

Then the absurd situation of playing Spurs, 1 day off, West Brom, 1 day off, Europa semi final 2nd leg, could be fixed a little by moving West Brom game to the prior week.

gyfZ8Df.png

• SI Staff

Hey tarzanofmars,

If you suspect you have found a bug with the scheduling please do post here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/524-Other-Gameplay-Issues - along with uploading a save illustrating the issue to our FTP.

It is worth noting that, to the best of my knowledge, matches are only rescheduled to Monday nights for TV, not fixture congestion purposes.

Cheers,

Seb.

• SI Staff
I can do that, I didn't know if it was a bug or just the same experience everyone else has late season.

Thanks. May not be a bug, but we can look into it for you :)

I had a similar experience of poor match scheduling with FC Krasandar in Russia. Played Wednesday in Europa (away) then had league matches scheduled for Friday and Sunday evening. 3 matches within 5 days crazy! Must note that winter break was around the corner so maybe this affected scheduling.

Archived