Player Unhappy with lack of appearances - does every competition count?

A problem that usually occurs in my teams is a backup player becoming unhappy (even if I pick "rotation" when I sign him) for lack of appearances.

All fine and fair.

Except I pick him as a starter on european and cup games. Which means, when I promise he would start more often, and he suddenly starts in 9 games, it doesn't stop him from asking to leave.

Is there any consideration in the reputation of the competition in which he starts (in any case, european matches would definitely count)?

Is this an issue with the programming, ie when you see a player's history only league matches come in consideration. Would this method of counting come in consideration with the games that count for the unhappy player?

I don't know it I was clear enough, in which case, ask and I will try to make it as clear as I can.

TY

Every game counts, but Europe League and local cups are less important than the league. Champions league is most important.

If you make a promise for him to feature in first team games, he'll expect to feature in the majority of them within that promise period, from my experience.

Btw, a Rotation player isn't a backup player. That's what a Backup status is for.

Archived