Southampton Guide?

PrinceEgypt

Hi guys,

I am VERY new to the FM game - Just about to start with managerless Southampton...

Can anyone help on what i have written below?

Hey there,

Ok, so im starting my new game with unamanaged side...Southampton.

1. I have set my training schedules using Tug's Training - one for senior...and another for youth.

2. I have set my coaches to train in each area that they specialize best in...although im only getting 2 or 3 stars maximum - I only assign coaches to a max of 3 areas to the best of their capabilities.

3. Now, i was told NOT to sack my staff and get a whole ******** of coaches (which i would LOVE to do) but apparently mutual termination still costs a bit of money if i sack them all - and will result in my £400k budget going down the drain. A fellow FM colleague told me to wait till i at least get promoted in the 2nd season, then sack them all and then have multiple coaches using the 'cheat'. Do you agree?......

4. I have also put ALL of my reserves on loan - so that they dont sit there and rot.

5. I have Skacel and Rasiak both on loan already at the start of the game and they both look really good from their stats - Is there anyway to recall them if i need to later?

6. I have also seen a lot of players i want to sign, but I don't know if i should as i am not sure what formation/tactic to play as of yet....There are a few of Kimz versions to use - and im not sure which will work best....Do you have any idea which is most effective? e.g. Arsenal Untouchables

7. I have also seen other tactics around the forums which people are bragging about....its baffling me which ones to use as i am playing low-level teams in friendlies and this may be fairly easy - but when i get to a championship league game - it may crumble!! :(

Your help would be much appreciated on these topics.

Best Regards

Nabil.

Hi guys,

I am VERY new to the FM game - Just about to start with managerless Southampton...

Can anyone help on what i have written below?

Hey there,

Ok, so im starting my new game with unamanaged side...Southampton.

1. I have set my training schedules using Tug's Training - one for senior...and another for youth.

Ok...

2. I have set my coaches to train in each area that they specialize best in...although im only getting 2 or 3 stars maximum - I only assign coaches to a max of 3 areas to the best of their capabilities.

Thats too many, make it two or less

3. Now, i was told NOT to sack my staff and get a whole ******** of coaches (which i would LOVE to do) but apparently mutual termination still costs a bit of money if i sack them all - and will result in my £400k budget going down the drain. A fellow FM colleague told me to wait till i at least get promoted in the 2nd season, then sack them all and then have multiple coaches using the 'cheat'. Do you agree?......

No. Offer them new one year contracts, then cancel them. It won't cost them as much as you will only have to pay them a years contract.

4. I have also put ALL of my reserves on loan - so that they dont sit there and rot.

Again, Ok...

5. I have Skacel and Rasiak both on loan already at the start of the game and they both look really good from their stats - Is there anyway to recall them if i need to later?

Go to their profiles. If one of the options isn't to 'Recall player from loan' then no, you can't recall them at any time.

6. I have also seen a lot of players i want to sign, but I don't know if i should as i am not sure what formation/tactic to play as of yet....

There are a few of Kimz versions to use - and im not sure which will work best....Do you have any idea which is most effective?

It's best to use a simple 4-4-2, 4-3-2-1 or something similar in the Championship. Confusing tactics are wasted for average players

7. I have also seen other tactics around the forums which people are bragging about....its baffling me which ones to use as i am playing low-level teams in friendlies and this may be fairly easy - but when i get to a championship league game - it may crumble!! :(

Play CCC teams in friendlies to test your tactics

Your help would be much appreciated on these topics.

Best Regards

Nabil.

Hope this helps, but it should probably be in the GD forum.

No. Offer them new one year contracts, then cancel them. It won't cost them as much as you will only have to pay them a years contract.

Offer them one year contracts and then cancel when accepted you mean? Won't i have to pay a compensation fee?

If they have 3 year contracts on £100 per week, itll cost £15600 for the 3 years. Offer them a one year contract and the contract will be worth £5200. Your board are more likely to let you get rid of a staff member if its for just £5200, but not likely to if its the three years worth of wages being paid off.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived