My Players' Level of Agression... is Too Damn Low

Hello. I have a question regarding my team's mental attributes. As you can see from the screenshots, my players have the lowest level of aggression, ranked 20th in the leauge whilist we are the champions three years in a row. They have good decisions and flair, of course, but this level of agression does not allow me to build a higher defensive line and pressing team. They are bunch of good players who have great potential, most of them are wonderkids, so I cannot simply sell them and buy new aggressive players. Is there any way to higher their level of aggression via training or with the help of backroom staff? If so, how can I determine coaches' level of aggression?

Ps.: Most of them joined my team at the age of 18. Some of them came from youth intake.

20160311163623_1_zpsfvkdhl5h.jpg

20160311163518_1_zpsm0dfx7dn.jpg

I'm pretty sure the only way to change mental stats is to tutor players but I don't know if that affects aggression. I wouldn't be complaining if I'd won the league 3 years running though. You must be doing something right!!

This is wrong. Tutoring players only changes determination and hidden attributes. It plays no part in developing mental attributes at all.

This is wrong. Tutoring players only changes determination and hidden attributes. It plays no part in developing mental attributes at all.

I thought it might be. Having said that, a couple of times when tutoring players, the mental stats of my tutee have changed slightly to sort of follow the stats of the tutor (eg a strikers off the ball, anticipation and bravery changed to exactly the same as the tutor). Is that a coincidence?

The problem is that I don't have any old players to tutor, and the rare older ones already have got low level of agression. :(

Yes, I can buy aggressive old players but these lads already established themselves as first team players so they cannot be tutored.

Yes, I'm winning the league but I got totally squeezed whenever I play with English teams. It's not doing me any good in champions league considering that I always draw Chelsea or Arsenal.

The problem is that I don't have any old players to tutor, and the rare older ones already have got low level of agression. :(

Yes, I can buy aggressive old players but these lads already established themselves as first team players so they cannot be tutored.

Yes, I'm winning the league but I got totally squeezed whenever I play with English teams. It's not doing me any good in champions league considering that I always draw Chelsea or Arsenal.

In that case, I guess you'll just have to soldier on through it. I don't think any team will ever be "perfect". Klopps teams press hard but definitely aren't defensively solid. Pulis has solidity and aggression but very little creativity. You have to focus on your strengths. Don't force something your players can't do... Embrace what they can do. Pulis knows his teams won't win games 6-0 week in week out but he does know he'll get a shift out of them and won't concede too many. Guardiolas teams sometimes struggle if they're chasing a game late on (not that it happens much!) because they have a technical team with smaller players so can't exactly pump the ball into the box to try and grab a goal. Play to your strengths and you'll be fine.

Forget tutoring. As Cleon pointed out above, tutoring will have no effect on Aggression at all (or any other mental attribute other than Determination).

At the risk of also being corrected by Cleon, as far as I am aware Aggression is just one of those Attributes that may increase naturally over time.

Having said that, there are some Roles that have Aggression as part of their training. Ball Winning Midfielder and Shadow Striker are two that spring to mind, there may be others.

Sorry to say that but if you want to have aggressive players you have to get them. I don't know any other option. Some roles may suggest that aggression is trained (BWM) but over 7 years in current save aggression has not change a bit for my BWM trained in that role for the whole 7 years.

You are right and I have to admit that my first team squad is way too young. Which is a good thing for squad building but especially for the midfield, there are some issues. I can wait or individually train them as BWM but it would be best if I buy two or three agressive players for one or two positions. This would allow me to put the hardwork onto them and also let my creative players do what they do.

I am not sure if you understood me correct. Training doesn't help for aggression. Neither tutoring. To me nothing helps and if i'm correct then I see no point for the attribute there. Maybe it should be moved to hidden attributes..

BTW my player is 26 now. If it changes with age then there might be chance closer to his 30's...

I thought it might be. Having said that, a couple of times when tutoring players, the mental stats of my tutee have changed slightly to sort of follow the stats of the tutor (eg a strikers off the ball, anticipation and bravery changed to exactly the same as the tutor). Is that a coincidence?

This never happens so it must just be a coincidence.

Archived