Yet Another International Mgmt Question

Has anyone noticed it being harder to get an international job in this year's version, especially after the first round of post-Euro Cup sackings? Perhaps the formula has changed? In several games, I have hovered between World #1 and World #4 but can't even get hired in lower tiered national clubs like Ireland/N. Ireland. The same is true for my nationality.

Although, oddly, Denmark almost always hired me.

• SI Staff

It's probably a little tougher at the start of a career before you've had time to establish yourself, but then some people have also commented they're being picked up too easily by certain nations, we're continuing to monitor it.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this is untypical, but it seems that my nationality really is barring me from jobs. It's 2020 and although I've been in the top 5 or 10 since the first year, I have not gotten jobs at France, Holland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Spain, and Belgium (I'm Italian, btw). I have no trouble moving between top clubs in Europe.

Is the algorithm perhaps a bit off? I mean, Scotland took the manager of Portsmouth over me, which I don't remember being the case in previous iterations of the game.

Basically, I could select leagues (I always chose European ones) and go all the way until I hit the "Manage Club," "Manage Nation," etc. screen, which was greyed out.

I followed the FAQs, which suggested reinstalling, which completely took care of the problem.

Archived