Wingbacks position question

i really want to ask if there is a difference between a WB in WB position and a WB in FB position

will the WB become more offensive?

i had this thought because i now have a player who is fluid on CWB in WB position but not so good at CWB at FB position.

So do they actually do different things on the pitch?

Position on the tactics screen dictates defensive position.

Role and Duty dictates attacking contribution.

Positional familiarity isn't particularly important.

What he said!

The most important difference (IMO) is the defensive position the player takes.... If you have covering midfielders/DM/CBs you can probably afford to play them from a WB position. If you don't have covering players I would recommend playing them out of the FB position.... But it is of course all relative to the overall strength of your team, against the opposition team and your overall tactics too., blah blah blah.

What he said!

The most important difference (IMO) is the defensive position the player takes.... If you have covering midfielders/DM/CBs you can probably afford to play them from a WB position. If you don't have covering players I would recommend playing them out of the FB position.... But it is of course all relative to the overall strength of your team, against the opposition team and your overall tactics too., blah blah blah.

This is right,

But you must also considerer the PI's that FB and WB have.

If in support duty they are very similar, with attack duty they are very different.

So you also must look to what works best for your tactic in terms of attacking contribution.

Archived