Stadium expansion

Is there a way to find out the stadium expansion for a club without having to download the editor and check?

Basically i (as Birmingham) had St. Andrews expanded from 30,000 up to 35,000 the season before last, now my home average is 34,209 over those two seasons, yet my chairman keeps telling that me that I don't have the fanbase to expand/rebuild (I forget the exact words without looking)

So are there certain criteria I need to get bigger - I understand you need to regularly win trophies and fill the stadium, but as a premier league winner, 2x Europa league winner and 3x fa cup winner, I would of thought a 35,000 seater stadium would be a bit pants?

Ps - apologies for the previous thread barside.. My bad :(

No, the data is only visible in the editor.

No worries about the other thread but we have to be even handed, light comedy or rant fuelled gibberish those type of threads tend to head into the same circular arguments.

The expansion news items also tell you the expansion capacity of the ground, though if you are at your capacity you won't get an expansion news item so not much use to you now unless you have a save from just before the last expansion you can reload to get the news item again (you might get it if you have to install under-soil heating).

The other way to get an idea if you are at your expansion capacity is to check the options you have on the board screen if the only option is to ask to build a new stadium and you haven't asked for an upgrade recently then the chances are you are at the grounds expansion capacity.

St Andrews maxiumum capacity expansion is 38,000. Just checked through my IGE

Thank you very much -

So following that then, is it worth asking for a expansion (for the remaining 3,000) or should I just keep asking for a new stadium?

Also do I need to be at full (38,000) before I ask for a new one or will they "ignore" the -3,000 as not worth the effort?

Don't waste time with the expansion, 3,000 extra seats is not going to even be noticed on the balance sheet.

Personally I'd wait for a few seasons to bank a nice sum of cash & then start asking for a new ground in the hope that your rep increases to a level that encourages the board build a nice big venue with room to expand.

I have something annoying in this area. I'm Chester, we start off with a 6000 capacity stadium, and I have now expanded to 8500. I know from news items that my maximum expansion potential is 9000, however I have no option to get those final 500 spaces. All I can do is ask for a new ground, and my rep isn't high enough yet for me to want one.

Archived