Can't sign player

This has happened several times over multiple saves. I've had a few Chelsea saves and on several of them I've tried to sign Theo Walcott. I know he's an Arsenal player and their rivals and all but whenever I make a bid they just reject it without telling me what they want for him. Even several years in when Theo isn't playing regularly they still don't tell me how much they want. Even when I offer stupid figures they still say 'Arsenal are no longer prepared to respond'. This is ******* me and I was wondering if there is a way around it.

Don't expect to buy him from day 1, Arsenal do not need to sell so as a rival you'll have even less chance of getting him.

Scout the player for a few months, attend a couple of Arsenal matches, use the media to declare an interest & drop in the occasional fair bid to back up your declarations of interest, do not use the suggest terms options as that's a private meeting, select 'make offer'. Over time you might unsettle Theo to the point that Arsenal cave in but don't expect to get him on the cheap.

Of course as he's no better than above average ability & not exactly young you might want to considering looking elsewhere, I have no doubt that you'll be able to do a whole lot better.

Perhaps it's just simply that they refuse to sell to you..

(Which after Ashley Cole is probably likely)

It happens.. Look at fergie refusing to let Liverpool sign heinze even though they were offering way more money..

On the flip side - as Chelsea manager, would you sell them hazard?

Somehow I don't think Walcott is as valuable to Arsenal as Hazard is to Chelsea...

It doesn't matter, he isn't a realistic transfer for Chelsea and that therefore explains why you can't sign him in the first couple of seasons.

You need to learn to identify your targets better and the scouts can help you with that.

Archived