Am I the problem or is the game anti-defensivist?

First of all, that was good entertainment, haha.

Second, i don't think there's a rule about which shape is defensive and which is offensive, however, it's easier when 9 of your players are behind the ball (as in a 4-1-4-1 instead of the 4-5-1 V formation), and for that reason maybe @OP should work more the PI of the two wingers, as for me they will be the liability of the system time and time again (allowing 2v1s all around the park).

Cheers,

Bitner

He might have an attitude on him but I've found the pretender J's thoughts quite helpful. Have started up with Reggiana using a basic formation of 5-3-2WB with one striker shifted out to inside forward on whatever side and a complete wingback on the other to make up some attacking slack. Hopefully by having a dominant, superfit wingback it can be a little bit like 5-3-2 in defence and 4-3-3 in attack. So far so good anyway - in the friendlies we've mugged the bigger teams and annihilated the little fellows, using more or less JaYmZeE's approach, and long may it continue. Keen to do some tweaking though, and maximise the potential of all roles.

He might have an attitude on him but I've found the pretender J's thoughts quite helpful. Have started up with Reggiana using a basic formation of 5-3-2WB with one striker shifted out to inside forward on whatever side and a complete wingback on the other to make up some attacking slack. Hopefully by having a dominant, superfit wingback it can be a little bit like 5-3-2 in defence and 4-3-3 in attack. So far so good anyway - in the friendlies we've mugged the bigger teams and annihilated the little fellows, using more or less JaYmZeE's approach, and long may it continue. Keen to do some tweaking though, and maximise the potential of all roles.

So one of your "2" is an IF-A with a CWB-A on the opposite side?

Okay, 5-4-1 for Xmas dinner eh?

Slow, slightly higher, fluid, , control - expressmore and roam more - close down keeper, play outta defence, look for overlap, work into box, close down more

You'll need one keeper - set to slow it down and distribute to your Libero - he's set to support - the only change to the standard ti's for your Lib-S is Tackle Harder - Make this easy on me - everyone tackles harder.

Into the mix we throw a couple of CD-D's and then a DLP-D

Next we need two WB's-S, these guys need to be wider, run wide with ball, shoot less, x more, from byline - they neither dribble more or less - less is dumb and if you have them dribble your as well setting your WB's to A and have them use an exploit in the engine rather than anything to do with a reasonable well thought out formation - ok - ok.

Two BB-S - both to get further forward - an AM-A and an F9-S - we need the AM & F9 to be channel runners to make space for the BB & WB's. Complete and utter domination of foes considerably stronger than you if your at home and even away - not prone to counters - so if you insisit on trying to control gargantua on his island - you'll find yourself at least armed with one hell of a flaming sword.

But for the submissives - desert - and what a desert it is - how to be really really really really hard to beat.

High, Slightly deeper, short or mixed - disicplined and stick to positions, flexible & counter - close down sometimes - stay on feet and tight marking. There are exceptions - please see above posts.

CD-D CD-C- CD-D

WB-S DM-D DM-D WB-S

AM-S AM-S

DLF-A

No extra PI's given - and no, tackle harder not appropriate here.

put appropriate players in slots - master tactics - fort knox aint' got sheeeeet on JaYmZeE

Just incase someone wanted to know what I'm having for XMAS DINNER!

Archived