player reaching his potential

Quite often I notice that coaches and scouts say that the 'young' player has more or less reached his potential. Do other gamers accept this situation? How do they know that a certain player has peaked as some people develop much later. I,m only asking as i have a couple of youngsters which i expect to go onto great things but my coach report seems to indicate that i shouldn,t expect much more improvement even though they can,t be right all the time.

If the player isn't good enough to be part of my senior squad & my coaches suggest that they will not improve then I will look to move the player on.

Sometimes it doesn't work out, recently paid €15m for a player I sold 4 seasons earlier for €3M when the coaches said they wouldn't improve much on their current ability, he scored one & created two on his second debut.

At the end of the day, I trust my gut.. if I see a player has the basis of being useful, i.e has the right stats in the right places for what I need, I'll keep him and try and develop him into those stats as much as possible...

Having said that, I always try and have staff around me who I trust, and there would be no point in that, if I completely disregarded their advice.

Archived