EPL Challenge (The Ultimate Premier League Experience) FM2005 [*Established Clan*]

astonvilla.gif

Pressure on at Villa Park

With January almost over(hey maybe it is-i was drunk at the last session!)- I find myself lying in 18th place in the premiership-and to be honest am at a loss as to why, with my team creating lots of chances and defending pretty well...now i know what your thinking-your strikers must be awful-buy some new strikers-but my 4 most expensive players are my SC-(Defoe,Postiga,Gouillart and Drogba). Also january has not gone as planned with only 2 new signings and one player leaving-so my squad is not as i hoped it would be! However the main problem is the very real threat of relegation- so i have to drag my team out of the quagmire at the foot of the table-which although my squad should be able to do this ,the fact that team morale is at an all time low-is a seriously debilitating factor in my quest for survival. This is of course due to my assistant manager ruining my season during his exteended stint in charge...but enough moaning, thats the way it lies and my team are going to have to dig deep to get us out of trouble.

so here are my january transfer dealings

In

Jermaine Defoe- 2m+cisse-everyone thought this was a bad deal in mIRC and i hope to prove them wrong.

Werner Wolf-4m from everton- quality DC(i hope icon_smile.gif )

Out

Cisse-(obviously)-good but old and with him pushing 31-poor fitness and a drop in value led to him being shown the door.

Results from previous session

Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Villa

Absoloute shocker away at wednesday- with me dominating from first to last but doing everything but hitting the back of the net- a late goal by Brunt, really just rubbed salt in the wounds as 3 points that i more than deserved twice over, were lost-ggrrrrrr!

Nottingham Forest 1-1 Villa

Another away match against bottom of the table Forest and once again my team came to the party dominating the match but only managing a single goal by Bierofka. Unfortunatley a slow start led to me being a goal down in the the opening 3 minutes but my team showed great character and fought back with a stinker by german wide man bierofka(maturing with age like a fine wine icon_razz.gif). After the equaliser my team really put the pressure on and forest were well and truly on the rack-but once again despite a plethora of chances the scoreline remained deadlocked at 1-1....at this stage i really considered packing it in-i just wasn't getting any breaks icon_confused.gif

Spurs 3-1 Villa

Up next a dificult match against spurs which had added spice as cisse and defoe had changed teams only hours earlier. As it happened pagi' team came out on top but i thought i could have got something from the game with the bar being rattled twice and some fantastic saves from Akinfeev the russian shot stopper! The consolation goal came from Lampard who came off the bench and nodded in a cross from Bierofka. Defoe didn't score on debut icon13.gif but neither did cisse icon14.gif

Gillingham 1-3 Villa

Away at championship team Gillingham i went with a cautious formation as i knew losing this game could easily get me the shove!However the quality of my team told with me racing into a 2 goal lead, Defoe and nolan bagging the goals! After half time Gillingham got a goal back against the run of play and the next goal in the match became crucial-fortunately a tactical change involving me narrowing my formation led to a fine strike by defoe-3-1 game over ...i thank you...and a much needed win!

So with mid season having already passed my aims have surely shifted with my main priority being to get the hell out of the relegation zone-with the UEFA Cup becoming a sideshow. However despite my teams poor luck and woeful finishing i still believe i can save the club from relegation- but i would just like to say to fans that if it does happen i intend to hang around and bring the club back up...either way im in for the long haul!

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fulham.gif

Season 8 – The Man in the Fulham mask[\B]

Midseason key game highlights:

Everton 3–0 Fulham[\B] EPL

The trouble you face when you think you are good to compete with the best is that reality hits you hard on the ass. A deserved defeat for Fulham who went too attacking and gave away the ball too much to their opposition. Fulham have only themselves to blame for this defeat considering that all three goals where scored by Gilardino who was marked by at least two Fulham defenders on this occasion. Everton did not win this game, Fulham lost it! angryfire.gif

Chelsea 0–0 Fulham[\B] EPL

After the usual defeats Fulham encounter each season at Stamford bridge. Fulham had the ref of their side as two Chelsea players where sent off. Mo still decided to play defensive at Stamford bridge after remembering he had been defeated by a late winner at Old Trafford by Ricks team after them went to 10 men. Danny was unlucky not to grab with 9 men late on, Fulham held on and even created decent chances which on another day could have given them the winner.

Fulham 1-3 Tottenham[\B] EPL

After leading Pagi Spurs 1-0, Spurs hit back with 3 deserved of which one was a penalty, while another long range wonder shot. Fulham did not deserve to go down 3-1, a bitterly disappointing local derby defeat that possibly led to some key players losing confidence in Mo’s managerial ability. icon_frown.gif

Fulham 3–2 Everton[\B] League Cup 3rd Round

After conceding two early goals to Everton long shooter Kallstrom, Mo rearranged things and ranks this the best comeback during his reign as Fulham manager. With nothing to lose and 2-0 down, Mo increased the tempo, width, backline and gave the team such a half time talk that even the great Martin Luther King would be proud of. ‘Stand up, be counted’ to which they did to give tinkerman Mo his last victory over Everton to make sure that Mr Murphy went out at the first hurdle of defending the league cup.

Aston Villa 0-0 Fulham[\B] EPL

Another exciting goalless away draw. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

During the international break in November, the Fulham board met in secrecy to decide the fate of Mo who had always under-pressure for a few seasons for a no. reasons. Even with Fulham winning the FA cup a few seasons ago as well as reaching the final of the Uefa cup last season, a number of key players had lost confidence in their manager, including Kolo Toure. icon_mad.gif

This left the Fulham board no choice but to sack to which Mo retired from football and his epitaph was:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Former manager Mo, widely regarded as one of football’s greatest figureheads, has decided to retire from football…Mo dedicated a long and glorious career to football and the sport will be all the poorer without him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mo reflected back on some factors that to his sacking:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Too big a squad - a large set of just above average players, who regularly demanded first team football. Mo had not realised during his tenure that he would not be allowed to field more than 11 players. With a large squad, the wage bill was always high.

<LI>Too many rotations – With regular tinker man rotations, players had trouble gelling quickly.

<LI>Too defensive – Mo always played 5 at the back, unfortunately in fm football attackers are rated better than defenders. (In FM you will never see Greece winning the European championship, FM favours the attacking player)

<LI>Mo was really crap – wtf…who has edited this post!

With the demise of Mo, Fulham started to hunt for the successor to Mo. While the Fulham board were deciding who to appoint, into the boardroom walked a clean cut shaven fellow who looked exactly like to former Mo without his nostalgic moustache. “I am the light side of the manager Mo, you may call me Mo II†announced the figure while confidently striding into the boardroom and putting down his leather brief onto the oak table were the directors sat. “I know where Mo went wrong in his pursuit of making Fulham a force in the EPL, in this briefcase I have all the answers to your questionsâ€. Mo II opened his briefcase and put aside his playboy magazine and revealed to the board his strategy. The board questioned Mo II why a number of refrences in his strategy referred to Rick’s tactics! Mo II told them that it was coincidental. In all honestly the board were more interested in the playboy magazine then the briefing and duly said that they will give Mo II a chance at Fulham.

Fulham 0-1 Portsmouth[\B] EPL

One name, Pazzini! Pazzini eluded his marker and scores an early goal. Well done to the flying goat, hope pigs don’t fly and Niall wins the league icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif.

Fulham 3-2 Man Utd[\B] EPL

While Ricks away, the mice will play. Rick thinks his tactic and squad is good enough to leave his assistant manager in charge of a few games including this exciting encounter. A rememberable 3-2 win in which Etoo scored twiced and Fulham scored three.

Birmingham 1-1 Fulham[\B] EPL

Brum keeper gets mom with Brum equalising late on after a penalty was awarded to them. A good point for each team, after Ben told the EPL to attack his Brum team down the wing as his fullbacks were out injured. icon_smile.gif

Newcastle 2-3 Fulham[\B] League Cup Semi Final Leg 1

Losing 2-1 with 10 minutes to go. Vonlanthen scores two fine goals to give Fulham a slender edge in this tie.

So with half a season gone, Fulham are hanging onto 15h place in the EPL. A poor start to the campaign with the main Fulham keeper Ochoa injured for the majority of the season. The sacking of Mo left the majority of the squad with poor morale and thus Mo failing to achieve his target of staying in the job. On the upside, Mo achieved his target of hampering Everton and Fulham still feature in all cup competitions, so all is not lost...yet!

chelsea.gif

Chelsea buy BIG

With last season display by Manchester United Chelsea have broken the bank in a bid to win back there premiership crown. The signing of Kaka from Milan and Ibrahimovic from Real Madrid has sent a clear sign to the rest of the league that Chelsea means business this year. Last season wasn’t good enough for the fans or board despite reaching the Champions League final and getting enough points to win the league the year Portsmouth won the title.

Players In…

Kaka from Milan for 24 million

Kaka is a world class player who at 29 years of age is in the prime of his life. This lad can do it all score goals, create goals and win games single handed. It’s just a shame I couldn’t have signed him a few years ago but I over the moon to have finally got him away from Milan

Ibrahimovic from Real Madrid for 17 million

With Ibrahimovic no longer a first team starter at Real Madrid this was an ideal time to bring him to Stamford Bridge. Over his whole career Ibrahimovic has proven he can score goals for fun and he will make an excellent addition to my team.

Zuiverloon from Lazio for 7.5 million

Gianni is one for the future with most of the Chelsea backline over 30 years old its time to invest in the future and his lad could fit the bill. Only time will tell

West from Juventus for 9 million

This was a lot of money for an unproven defender but with Portsmouth also in the hunt for him I had to splash the cash. Again Paul was brought for the future and only time will tell if he lives up to his high price tag.

Players Out…

Essien to Birmingham for 10 million

Essien couldn’t get in the Chelsea first team due to Rosicky, Tuncay, D’Alessandro and Cani all being ahead of him and will the rebuilding job going on at Stamford Bridge the funds was much needed.

Postiga to Villa for 10.25 million

Postiga has been a good squad player for Chelsea but with Ibrahimovic on his way he was going to fall even further down the pecking order and Villa made us a good offer that we couldn’t turn down

Huddlestone to Birmingham for 5 million

Tim never broken into the first team and was unhappy about that so when former club Birmingham City made a bid I decided to accept.

Mido to Everton for free

Mido was a good player but not a great player so he never had much of a chance to play for Chelsea. He was on 60k per week so he offered a free transfer and Everton and Fulham both offered him a contact.

R Carvalho to Porto for free

I said after his red card inside 2 min’s cost us a point against Arsenal he would be offloaded at the first chance and he signed for his pervious club Porto.

Nesta to Chievo for free

One of my first signing as Chelsea manager was to bring the Italian legend to Stamford Bridge and he was a class act both on and off the pitch. Nesta is one of the greatest defenders to ever grace the football pitch but even his legs can’t go on forever

Ballack to Charlton for free

Michael was getting on like most of the Chelsea team and could no longer hold down a first team place so left the club on a bosman and signed for Charlton.

Nilmar to Juventus for 34.5 million

What can you say about this man other than he is a football god out on the pitch. Ever since he first put on the blue shirt of Chelsea he has scored goals for fun and there have been quiet a few wonder goals among them. Unfortunately he kept picking up small injuries last season and only managed 14 league game so when an offer like that came in from Juventus I accept knowing I could use that money to sign two world class players.

He will always have a special place in the Chelsea fans hearts for the way he played for us.

Community Shield

Chelsea 3-0 Manchester United

Premiership 1

Tottenham 3-1 Chelsea

Premiership 2

Chelsea 3-1 Aston Villa

Premiership 3

Liverpool 1-4 Chelsea

Premiership 4

Chelsea 4-0 Wolves

Champions League

Brondby 1-2 Chelsea

Premiership 5

West Ham 2-3 Chelsea

Champions League Group B

Chelsea 2

Ibrahimovic 19 Rosicky

Mallorca 1

Gudjohnsen 33

Man of the Match: Rosicky 9/10 Chelsea

Attendance-47549

Refereed by Pierluigi Collina

Premiership Game 6

Chelsea 0

Guerra 12 Cani 64

Leicester 0

Man of the Match: Rosicky 8/10 Chelsea

Attendance-51297

Refereed by Alan Wiley

Premiership Game 7

Manchester United 2

Di Tora 64, 70

Chelsea 3

Guarin 18 Kaka 28 Ibrahimovic 32 icon_smile.gif

Man of the Match: Kaka 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-98655

Refereed by James Wood

Premiership Game 8

Chelsea 0

Fulham 0

Sent off: Kaka 38 minutes D’Alessandro 41 Chelsea

Man of the Match: Ochoa 8/10 Fulham

Attendance-51297

Refereed by Dave Reid

Champions League Group B

Porto 0

Chelsea 7

Robinho 3 Tuncay 13, 25 & 83 D’Alessandro 29 Carvalho og 44 Carretto pen 89

Man of the Match: Tuncay 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-49134

Refereed by John Graham

Premiership Game 9

Arsenal 2

Sissoko 3, 10

Chelsea 3

Sivok 36 Robinho 45 Berbatov 83

Sent Off: Sivok 89 mins Chelsea

Attendance-59984

Refereed by James Wood

League Cup 3rd Rd

Arsenal 2

Pedersen 14 Evra 90

Chelsea 2

Berbatov 11 D’Alessandro 47

Arsenal won 4-2 pens icon_frown.gif

Sent Off: SWP 108 mins Arsenal

Man of the Match: Berbatov 8/10 Chelsea

Attendance-59976

Refereed by Michael Jackson

Premiership Game 10

Chelsea 2

Berbatov 14 Robinho 55

Birmingham 1

Esposito 83

Man of the Match: Berbatov 8/10 Chelsea

Attendance-54002

Refereed by James Wood

Champions League Group B

Chelsea 3

Robinho 8, 49 Cani 25

Porto 0

Man of the Match: Robinho 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-51918

Refereed by Gianluca Paparesta

Premiership Game 11

Everton 0

Chelsea 1

Kaka 1 icon_smile.gif

Man of the Match: Guarin 8/10 Chelsea

Attendance-46586

Refereed by Simon Francis

Premiership Game 12

Portsmouth 3

Pazzini 32 Vaart 49, 75

Chelsea 4

Ibrahimovic 50 Carretto 56 Berbatov 62 Rosicky 82 icon_smile.gif

Man of the Match: Berbatov 9/10 Chelsea

Attendance-39626

Refereed by Uriah Rennie

Champions League Group B

Chelsea 4

Sivok 9 Cani 18 Ibrahimovic 39, 87

Brondby 0

Man of the Match: Ibrahimovic 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-48775

Refereed by Michael Weiner

Premiership Game 12

Newcastle 1

Tonge 89

Chelsea 1

Carretto pen 68

Man of the Match: Cani 9/10 Chelsea

Attendance-52076

Refereed by Mark Halsey

Premiership Game 13

Chelsea 4

Cani 41 Robinho 76 Sivok 87 Tuncay 88

W.B.A 0

Man of the Match: Robinho 9/10 Chelsea

Attendance-52077

Refereed by David Reid

Premiership Game 14

Chelsea 2

Rosicky 24 Fernandez 55

Nottm Forest 0

Man of the Match: Fernandez 8/10 Chelsea

Attendance-53319

Refereed by Mark Clattenburg

Champions League Group B

Mallorca 0

Chelsea 2

Tuncay 15 Berbatov 81

Man of the Match: Berbatov 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-23110

Refereed by Pierluigi Collina

Champions League Group B

1st.Chelsea Played 6 Won 5 Drew 0 Lost 1 Points 15

2nd.Porto Played 6 Won 2 Drew 1 Lost 3 Points 7

3rd.Brondby Played 6 Won 2 Drew 1 Lost 3 Points 7

4th.Mallorca Played 6 Won 2 Drew 0 Lost 4 Points 6

Premiership Game 15

Sheff Wed 0

Chelsea 5

Robinho 2, 16 Fernandez 12 Rosicky 40 Cani 81

Man of the Match: Rosicky 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-39773

Refereed by Uriah Rennie

Premiership Game 16

Chelsea 2

Kaka 4 Carretto 75

Bolton 0

Man of the Match: Rosicky 8/10 Chelsea

Attendance-48183

Refereed by Mike Riley

Premiership Game 17

Charlton 0

Chelsea 3

D’Alessandro 4 Cani 22 Berbatov 56

Man of the Match: Cani 8/10 Chelsea

Attendance-29856

Refereed by Andrew May

League

After a poor start to the season losing the opening game to Tottenham 3-1 Chelsea have been on fine form beating the likes of Manchester United, Everton, Arsenal, Portsmouth and Liverpool. Our only draws in the league came at the hands of Fulham and Newcastle in which we was unlucky. Newcastle only had a couple of efforts on goal and there goal keeper made a few vital saves and in the Fulham game we played the whole second half with only 9 men on the field as we had to players sent off. So with the fall of Manchester United this season only a really bad patch can stop us winning the league.

Carling Cup

Chelsea is already out of this competition after being drawn away against Arsenal in the 3rd Rd. We lead for a lot of this game but Arsenal got an equalizing goal in the 90th minute then went on to win on penalties. So in the cup I have had no luck in so far I will have to wait another season to try and win it.

FA Cup

Chelsea are still looking good for the FA cup after already beating WBA in the 3rd rd and being given a league 1 side in the 4th. We are looking to add the FA cup again to our Trophy cabinet.

Champions League

Again Chelsea has all guns blazing in Europe topping the group with our only defeat coming at the hands of Brondby. With Manchester United and Tottenham still in the competition anyone could win it, but with the fine form that Chelsea have in the Champions League we must be among the favorites.

More to follow soon icon_wink.gif

eplbanner.gif

Just in case it looks like we have died, well we sort of have, for a month. icon_biggrin.gif

I'm off to sign my life away and get married so if I make it safely through the next few weeks, the game should be back for its conclusion around early September.

It just remains to wifh the lads a good August and hopefully you'll all remain loyal and still be available when I get back....icon_wink.gif

Slainte,

Niall

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by airdsey:

Our clan is called epl daytime challenge and also thursday night epl challenge mate,not epl challenge ,ok? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's only fair Airdsey that you be a gentleman here & step down from involving "epl challenge" in your clan name. There are hundreds of potential names & I think Niall deserves not to have people make mistakes between similar named clans when he's put so much effort into making EPL Challenge 1 of the best clans around.

Just my opinion of course but I feel it may be shared with a great deal of regulars in FMO.

chelsea.gif

Results

Premiership Game 18

Chelsea 7

Robinho pen 14, 49 Ibrahimovic 62 Fernandez 64, 70 Rosicky 66 Tuncay 74

Tottenham 1

Mosquera 83

Attendance-54925

What a result against a really good Tottenham team who just didn’t turn up for this game. With Kaka pulling all the springs from midfield we pulled Tottenham apart and we are currently looking unbeatable in the league. 7-1 Win

Premiership Game 19

Aston Villa 1

Lampard 73

Chelsea 3

Kaka 28 D’Alessandro 45 Fernandez 61

Man of the Match: D’Alessandro 9/10 Chelsea

Attendance-58518

Refereed by Mark Barrett

Yet again poor Mark left the clan icon_frown.gif shortly after this match in which Chelsea was to good for Villa. Ex-player Lampard give Mark some hope in the 73rd minute but yet again Chelsea proved to strong for Aston Villa. 3-1 Win

Premiership Game 20

Chelsea 3

Cani 2, 24 Kaka 10

Liverpool 0

Man of the Match: Van Borre 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-54926

Refereed by Kevin French

Chelsea had already beaten Liverpool within the first half scoring 3 goals in the first 24 minutes. Cani got a double in between Kaka solo goal running from the midfield area beating 3 defenders before slotting the ball home. 3-0 Win

FA Cup 3rd Rd

Chelsea 3

Guarin 56, 77 Cani 68

W.B.A 0

Man of the Match: Bridge 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-49606

Refereed by Barry Knight

This result saw Chelsea safety into the next round of the FA cup after a comfortable win at home against West Brom. Guarin again proving what a bargain he is holding the midfield together and scoring two goals in the process. 3-0 Win

skylogo_default.gif

Italian striker Fabio Pellegrini agreed to join Chelsea from FC Bayern Munchen today on a three-year contract. Pellegrini discussed a return to Portsmouths, before agreeing to join his former club's Premier League rival.Italian Forward has completed his move to Chelsea after days of negotiations.

The 26-year-old has passed a medical and agreed personal terms to make him Chelsea 3rd major signing of the summer after Kaka and Ibrahimovic.

King told the club's official website:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I know everybody is very excited, he is a big player and the one we wanted, He's one of the most technically gifted players of the 6 or 7 years. He has played for two of Europe's biggest clubs in Betis and FC Bayern Munchen and he wants to play for Chelsea. He had an awful time at Portsmouth but he didn’t suit there style of play, I know I can get the best out of him unlike Andy Nilsen. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Premiership Game 21

Wolves 1

Pander og 84

Chelsea 0

Attendance-28645

Refereed by Mark Halsey

I don’t want to start sounding like Andy but how on earth did I lose this game. Chelsea was all over my bogey team Wolves but we could find a way past there keeper and when we did (twice) the ref Mark Halsey rule it offside. Then without a shoot on target all game Pander put the ball into his own net. 1-0 Defeat

Premiership Game 22

Chelsea 3

Fernandez 36, 47 Kaka 45

Portsmouth 4

Avalos 2 Qskitz 34 Pazzini 51, 54

Man of the Match: Mascherano 9/10 Portsmouth

Attendance-52170

Refereed by Uriah Rennie

This was another great game against Andy as the current top two teams in the league battle it out on the pitch. All I can say was my Pc froze angryfire.gif on the second half and the last 18 minutes was played without me at the helm. Knowing what a tactical wizard I am I know I would have won the game by making a few changes on the pitch and beat the scum icon_wink.gif.

4-3 Defeat

FA Cup 4th Rd

Chesterfield 0

Boateng 6 Robinho 40, 47, 55, 64 Berbatov 81

Chelsea 0

Man of the Match: Robinho 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-8873

Refereed by Stewart Howarth

After a couple of defeats and morale already getting low I was lucky enough to play a lower league team in the league. Even with it being a lower league team I put out a half decent team with Robinho stealing the show with 4 great goals. Just the result I needed after two straight defeats. 6-0 win

Premiership Game 23

Southampton 0

Chelsea 4

Berbatov 6, 26 Rosicky 38 Tuncay 78

Man of the Match: Berbatov 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-32211

Refereed by Mark Halsey

Again over the years Southampton have proven to be a bogey team of mine so I was more than happy to get a win at the dell. Berbatov, Rosicky and Tuncay were in fine form scoring the goal that gave us a comfortable victory. 4-0 win

Premiership Game 24

Chelsea 4

D’Alessandro 36 Berbatov 52 Robinho 54, 84

West Ham 1

Babel 16

Man of the Match: Tuncay 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-54913

Refereed by Uriah Rennie

After falling behind to an early goal Chelsea recovered well to eventually win by 3 goals. D’Alessandro was again behind most of the good work in the Chelsea team scoring the first goal and setting up Robinho and Berbatov also. 4-1 win

Premiership Game 25

Leicester 1

Richardson 90

Chelsea 5

Robinho 9 Ibrahimovic 33 Fernandez pen 51, 54 Cani 77

Man of the Match: Vanden Borre 9/10 Chelsea

Attendance-32473

Refereed by Michael Stevens

I rested some of the first team as Manchester United was the next team to play. Mainly in defence as Terry, Bridge and Gallas legs aren’t what they used to be. It was another fine performance from Chelsea scoring 5 goals and hitting form at the right time to face Rick Boults Manchester United. 4-1 win

Premiership Game 26

Chelsea 4

Kaka 3 D’Alessandro 53 Pellegrini 65 Tuncay 75

Manchester United 0

Attendance-54932

Refereed by Barry Knight

The EPL legend as Rick likes to call himself these days icon_wink.gif wasn’t able to attend this match but after the game at Old Trafford I don’t think it would have much of a difference. With Kaka scoring an early goal it was all Chelsea in the first half but we couldn’t add to that until the second half. D’Alessandro, Pellegrini and Tuncay then added to that to give us a win which knocks Manchester United out of the title race. Only Everton or Portsmouth can catch us now. 4-0 win

FA Cup 5th Rd

Leeds 0

Chelsea 2

Robinho 56 Pellegrini 80

Man of the Match: Pellegrini 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-40146

Refereed by Ian White

New boy Pellegrini is finely settling into the team and finding the back of the net. Pellegrini goal and man of the match award was well deserved in this FA cup tie which sees us into the next Rd. 2-0 win

Champions League 1st Knockout Rd 1st Leg

Chelsea 7

Ibrahimovic 3, 30, 70, 89 D’Alessandro 13, 41 Fernandez 85

Trabzonspor 0

Man of the Match: Ibrahimovic 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-46733

Refereed by Domenico Messiaa

I was lucky with the Champions league draw getting the weakest team left in the competition (as Portsmouth didn’t make Europe this year). This was the Ibrahimovic show scoring 4 goals and completely taking the Tranbzonspor defence apart with a super performance. 7-0 win

Champions League 1st Knockout Rd 2nd Leg

Tranbzonspor 0

Chelsea 0

Man of the Match: Boateng 8/10 Chelsea

Attendance-18070

Refereed by John Rowbotham

With Chelsea already safely into the next round I put out the second team for this match and it showed with a dire performance from my team. The only plus point from this game was the display of Boateng who at least showed the others how to take there chance of 1st team action. 0-0 Draw

FA Cup 6th Rd

Portsmouth 0

Chelsea 2

Robinho 9 Bonera 11

Man of the Match: Kaka 9/10 Chelsea

Attendance-39568

Refereed by Stewart Howarth

There nothing better than beating Andy in his own backyard. Chelsea used a new formation for this FA cup tie and Portsmouth didn’t have an answer for it. Two goals in two minutes knocked the stuffing out of Portsmouth and after that is was all Chelsea apart from a few long range efforts from Portsmouth. Another season past and Andy is still looking for a day out for his fans in a final icon_biggrin.gif. Better luck next season mate icon_wink.gif.

2-0 win

Premiership Game 26

Chelsea 4

Ibrahimovic 20 Kaka 32 Berbatov 35 Tuncay 52

Arsenal 0

Man of the Match: Kaka 8/10 Chelsea

Attendance-54938

This is not the Arsenal of old but still have some good players who can pull of a shock result or two against the teams above them. I will not write too much about this game because some twat named angryfire.gifDaniel Caruso angryfire.gif somehow got his hands on our games password and retired the Manchester United Rick Boult (who was not playing at the time) so we many he to replay this game thanks to him as I'm not to sure when the last save was.

League

After a poor start to the season losing the opening game to Tottenham 3-1 Chelsea have been on fine form beating the likes of Manchester United (twice), Everton, Arsenal, Portsmouth and Liverpool. Our only defeats so far came at the hands of Wolves (which until the day I don’t know how I lost this game) and Portsmouth in which my pc froze. Our only draws in the league came at the hands of Fulham and Newcastle in which we was unlucky. Newcastle only had a couple of efforts on goal and there goal keeper made a few vital saves and in the Fulham game we played the whole second half with only 9 men on the field as we had to players sent off. So with Manchester United already ruled out of this season title race it only leaves Everton and Portsmouth who could catch Chelsea and win the title.

Carling Cup

Chelsea is already out of this competition after being drawn away against Arsenal in the 3rd Rd. We lead for a lot of this game but Arsenal got an equalizing goal in the 90th minute then went on to win on penalties. So in the cup I have had no luck in so far I will have to wait another season to try and win it icon_frown.gif.

FA Cup

Chelsea are still looking good for the FA cup after already beating WBA in the 3rd rd, Chesterfield in the 4th, Leeds in the 5th and Portsmouth in the 6th. I have great hope for the FA cup this season.

Champions League

Again we won our group with games to spare and comfortably beat Tranbzonspor in the 1st knockout rd. With teams such as current Champions league winners Manchester United and the ever improving Tottenham still in this competition it will be hard to win.

Until nesxt time that all for now

The muppetts

Danny King - Chelseki

As you can see King's financial advantage is paying dividends. The rich boy has clearly bought the title again and there ain't much the rest can do. Except...wait for it...King's lads are so old that it must go belly up soon, if we can get enough games in for FM06...managing Chelsea is easy, we all know that, even Jose Mourinho icon_wink.gif

Andy Nilsen - Pompey

Unbelievably Nilsen is in second place. Why? No European football. No Cup football...Pompey are perennial underachievers and nobody knows how they are in second place at the minute, Must be Andy's legendary luck once again.

Niall - Me - 3rd - Everton

Great performance by the main man of EPL. Despite having no money at all, leaking cash left, right and centre, having to revamp the squad all the time - Murphy's boys remain the best side in the EPL...In a false position of 3rd atm...should be first..but FA Cup glory awaits the Toffess...What a side!!

4th Rick Boult - self styled EPL Legend is failing to live up to the goods. defending champions but Rick proves once again that u cannot retain the title, even if your squad is probably the best in the game. Utd are W**k and that meams Boult is betraying the name of er, Malcolm Glazer..how we laugh at that!!

5th - Senor Pagio - Spurs

Pagi is Pagi...he'll never win the league..ever..even with Spurs, but 5th is solid but unspectacular...he's rubbish and everyone knows it, apart from that dick in charge of Spurs...forget his name.

12th - Ben - Brum

Talks a good game...but is rubbish!! Have a laugh at his pic on the epl forums...speaks volumes from Brums incompetence

15th Mo II II II - Fulham

Never a better day than when Mo got sacked...too bloody right 15th and crap, crap, crap..when fulham win a game everybody moans cos they are soooo boring with 5 at the back...yawn ziz ziz ziz, but MO II is under pressure and we love it!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BelfastNiall:

Niall - Me - 3rd - Everton

Great performance by the main man of EPL. Despite having no money at all, leaking cash left, right and centre, having to revamp the squad all the time - Murphy's boys remain the best side in the EPL...In a false position of 3rd atm...should be first..but FA Cup glory awaits the Toffess...What a side!!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Modest as always I see icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BelfastNiall:

You'll not be jerkin off to my missus any time soon. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll see about that.. icon_smile.gif...where theres a will theres a way icon14.gif

Right me laddios, please see a few suggested rule amendments for FM06 and leave some comments.

Also, if anyone wishes to design the EPL Challenge FM06 banner, be my guest...Alternatively we could keep the FM05 one and just change the FM2005 logo. Having read some of your reports though, there's definitely enough creative talent in EPL for someone else to have a go at it.

As we have stopped FM05, I'll write a biased game summary this afternoon of how the game went. To all of you who were there for many great nights, well done on another excellent game and another rockin EPL thread for 2005...Ha'wey the EPL gents....

dont forget to add that i am the record holder of finishing in the top 4 most times icon_smile.gif.

and thats with portsmouth when i had competition from other human controled clubs such as chelsea, united, spurs, billa, brum, newcastle, everton icon_razz.gif

eplbanner.gif

EPL Challenge FM2005 round-up.

I'm pleased to say that it was another excellent game for the clan following on from the hugely successful CM03/04 game.

Danny King - Birmingham/Chelsea

In terms of silverware Danny had a tremendous FM05 as he has taken home the most trophies in the game even if that includes a few of the much derided Euro/Asia Cup.

Danny started off at Brum and was a consistently good side. In Danny's first season of 2005/06 Brum came in 8th, following that up with a disappointing 12th before romping into the Champions League in 2007/08 with an impressive 3rd place finish. Danny was denied silverware at Birmingham after a Carling Cup Final against my Everton side saw a late Mathieu Flamini goal deny Danny the trophy. Indeed Danny was unlucky in that he lost quite a few Carling Cup Finals at both Birmingham and Chelsea.

The turning point for Danny arrived when he took the Chelsea job and success soon followed with a title and champions league double completed in 2009/10. Danny would have delivered a second title to Chelsea had the game not ended before season 8 was completed.

In other years I would declare Danny as the overall winner of the game but not this time for two reasons. Firstly Danny was sacked at Birmingham and secondly, Danny did receive the P45 at Birmingham and as the object of the game is primarily not to be sacked (we are lenient when it comes to returning to previous clubs) this is a negative point on the old King CV. icon_razz.gif

However, when at Chelsea Danny did deliver the goods and many a manager might have failed under their greater expectations so for that, much credit is due. icon14.gif

Danny has been a great addition to EPL Challenge and will surely be amongst the top players again as he begins FM06 at West Ham United.

Andy Nilsen - Portsmouth

Before the game started, FMO's online player of the year for 2004 was in good form. Pompey of course would be dominating Europe in 3 seasons. However, it didn't work out that way for the self titled "master of transfers." icon_wink.gif

After Andy, along with myself, narrowly avoided relegation in 2004/05 the anticipated kick on for Portsmouth just didn't happen immediately. A multitude of goalkeepers were signed and immediately kicked out of the revolving door that was Fratton Park as Pompey were a defensive shambles. As Murphy completed a league title win, the pressure intensified on Nilsen to respond as many began to doubt (including Andy himself) that Portsmouth would ever challenge the top guns. icon_biggrin.gif

After finishing 15th then 13th, season 2006/07 saw Andy reach the Champions League with a fourth place finish shrouded in controversy after a 2-0 win against a much weakened Man Utd at Fratton. As Pompey looked poised to become a huge side, the following season saw the pressure of European football see Andy slide back to 10th while Everton lifted the league title.

Thus it was in 2008/09 that we saw the best of Nilsen. Pompey flew out of the traps and having no European Football and Ko'ed early from the domestic cups, Andy dominated the EPL from Aug-Feb with an awesome side built on attacking principles. Fair play to the man. Despite a late slump Nilsen managed an intense injury crisis to steer Pompey to the league title which is an excellent achievement. icon14.gif

Only the one trophy for the Goat then in the game overall, but towards the end again Pompey were looking good as Andy rebuilt. One blot on the copy book is Andy's continual dumbing down of the Champions League when opponents are involved, when he himself failed to get past the Quarter Finals. As he has asked me to point out, Andy had a good record in qualifying for the Champions League but rarely did any damage on the continent!!

For me Andy deserves to be mentioned alongside Danny in FM05 for two reasons. Firstly, Andy was one of only two players who were never sacked in the entire game. Secondly, Danny's move to Chelsea and Rick's move to Manchester United changed the game entirely and Andy may have delivered more trophies to a team where financial pressures meant he had to constantly sell in order to challenge. A solid year again from Andy, who will either be at Blackburn or Pompey once again for FM06.

Niall Murphy - Everton

Always hard to discuss yourself without sounding biased. Overall I felt I had a good FM05 despite not having the constant success I had with Spurs on 03/04. Everton were a tough team to manage, in the first few seasons as the club had no money, no real stars to sell and the bug in the game practically guaranteed administration in the first season.

After narrowly avoiding relegation in 2004/05 (which was probably one of the most enjoyable finales to a season I've had) Everton began to improve as I found a 4-4-2 at home and a 4-5-1 away that was tough to beat. 2006/07 saw the Carling Cup arrive at Goodison and the following season saw us pip a world class Manchester United to the league title. The following season Everton marched to the Champions League semis and were very unlucky not to reach the final. However, a poor league campaign went alongside that as I lost faith in my tactic and that ensured a few poorish years as Everton began to look a spent force. Towards the end though we began to re-establish ourselves, a second Carling Cup arrived and in season 8 nothing could split myself and Pompey, but unfortunately we were dealing with a Man U and Chelsea well managed by Boult and King.

So overall, I had most of the same issues as discussed with Andy, Everton remained one of the hardest sides to beat and Murphy completed the game as one of the two unsacked managers in FM05, so overall, a good performance from myself if not the best campaign I've ever had...For FM06, I've got Birmingham City, which is a shame cos I liked managing the Toffees for some unknown reason. icon_confused.gif

Rick Boult - Blackburn/Spurs/Manchester United

Rick completes the set of four top achievers in FM05. After suffering relegation with Blackburn and a managerial sacking, Rick recovered brilliantly to lead Blackburn back into the EPL and establish them as a side of repute. Ewood turned from a gift 3 points to one of those grounds where you treaded carefully when you had to visit. My main memory of Rick's time at the Rovers was how well organised they were and being very difficult to break down.

Rick then grabbed the opportunity to move to Spurs after Sam Bouchard was dismissed for the second time from WHL. I don't remember much about Mr Boult's time at WHL so I'm assuming that he did very little. Certainly he didn't have the same impact in North London as Pagi did later on.

After being offered Manchester United job Boult came into his own. Building a fantastic side, Rick soon won the Carling Cup with the Manc Reds. It was in 2010/11 though that Rick's Man Utd totally bossed the game with players such as E'too and Ronaldinho just totally dominating the EPL and Europe. The domestic treble was completed as Rick emulated Alex Ferguson's achievement in 1999. icon14.gif

As the game drew to a close, Rick's Man U were following in the footsteps of all other title winners in that defending the trophy wasn't on the cards. So for Rick, the EPL doubters of his ability were silenced in his time at Man Utd...He had a solid time at Blackburn and Spurs and will be looking to get off to a good start at his new club Manchester City.

A short word about the rest of the lads who all had fine moments. David Pagi came good at Spurs towards the end after terrible times down at Bolton and Sunderland. With Spurs, Pagi proved he could build a team and landed a UEFA Cup, FA Cup and European Super Cup. Ben Jackson came into the game late on and took Birmingham to a trophy which as Ben likes to remind Danny, King had failed to do when he won the UEFA Cup in 2010/11. Ben quickly proved himself as a good coach and had the game continued would have been lording it over Anfield at Liverpool, such was his impact on the EPL. Ben has decided to take on Wigan in the next game. icon_eek.gif

Sam Bouchard left early but had done good jobs at both Spurs and Aston Villa. Sam was unlucky not to take home a trophy in FM05 and will be looking to correct that as he rejoins the ever present and ever old Doug Ellis back at Villa in FM06. Mo Ilyas did a good job at Fulham, winning an FA Cup before joining the ranks of the unemployed much later. Renowned for dull football, Mo was nevertheless an excellent opponent at a club that was very restrictive in terms of finance. Must also mention Mark D'Ardenne and Dave Williams who will be hoping for more luck in FM06 than they had in FM05. They have Fulham and Charlton in FM06.

A few others quicky...Richard Liggins at Middlesbrough set an early pace but departed after winning a title for Man U. Jay Da Costa was good value for a laugh in his shambles of a reign at Newcastle...Chris Morris impressed us all at WBA but never landed that elusive trophy.

Overall, it's pleasing to be able to say that unlike CM03/04 where two players totally dominated the EPL trophy cabinet, in FM05 most players had that important piece of silverware to their name. Overall FM05 was a very even game with it being impossible to declare an overall winner of the game.

I'm sure some may have something to say about that though!!

yeah i enjoyed that report niall as usual, congrats on what obviously has been a fun game for all.

oh btw admin bug my fanny, i've landed toffees out the hat both for o3/04 and fm05 and never gone into the red yet icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dogs:

yeah i enjoyed that report niall as usual, congrats on what obviously has been a fun game for all.

oh btw admin bug my fanny, i've landed toffees out the hat both for o3/04 and fm05 and never gone into the red yet icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you see niall i told you if you didnt spend ALL that mioney you would of been ok. BAD MANAGEMENT as usual from mr Murphy icon_razz.gif

Archived