Create a Manager on Editor

Pechan

Hello everyone!

I have a question about creating managers on the editor. I have some experience creating players which has turned out all well but Im encountering some issues when trying to create managers instead of players.

Background:

I run some CAS-games (Create a star) on different forms online. The basic is that everyone that is participating in the game, creates their own player with some limitations and some randomized attributes, and then I just simulate and report on the progress. The player that got the most achieviements win, and all start with similar or randomized PA.

CAS:

While I have solved all issues I have had when running that kind of game where I ask everyone to create a player, I have stumbled on problems that I couldnt fix when Im trying to make a similar game, but instead letting the participants create their own manager which has to rise from the bottom to the top of the world. Unfortunately this isnt working for me.

Goal:

What I want is to be able to create a talented manager that can rise throw the leagues to the top. Because of that I have given the players a PA of 190 (no particular reason) but since the game is about progressing I want them to start at a very low level.

Problems:

- If they start as assistants or coaches, none of them gets to be a manager, actually most of them have within a couple of season "forgotten" how to be a manager, so they never become managers.

- Same problem arises when I choose for them to begin as Reserves Manager or u-20s manager. Though here I have had one that actually became a manager...but a pretty bad one.

- I tried making them as Managers of teams in the Chilean Second Division (third tier) and 10 years later most of them had retired.

- I made som tweaks, higher salary, higher confidence from fans and board, a bit higher starting CA and for comparision I added one in argentinian side Boca Juniors as starting team.

Boca manager: Got fired in his first year and 10 years later he has still not taken a new job...I mean... NONE at all....yet he hasnt retired...

Segunda Manager 1: Started in one of the contender teams for the Segunda Division but got fired. Got a new team in Tercera Division A (fourth tier), managed to promote them two divisions and then got fired after he failed to keep them there. After that he got a new job in Tercera Division A (fourth tier) which is kind of always in the middle of the table. His CA has risen from around 40 to 105 yet he doesnt seem to get offers from higher division, a complete waste.

Segunda Manager 2: Failed his first year in Segunda (third tier), Failed in a new club of the same level two years later and after 3 years without a team he took charge of a Tercera A team (fourth tier) before getting fired. After that he didnt get any more jobs and retired in year 8 (of the 10 played). This managers CA went from 30 to 88 yet he couldnt find any jobs.

So, clearly the manager progression-system has to work differently than player progress where I just need to check PA, Injuries, Ambition, Profesionalism and some other details. Is it posible to create a talented manager that can become a World Class-manager just as we "humans" that play the game? Are there some factors Im missing?

If anyone has a theory or an idea of how to make it work, please share it. I will continue experimenting to see if its posible to tweak a manager so I can get the effect I desire.

Thankyou

Update: I made a mistake, the manager that started at Boca Juniors wasnt unemployed after all...he took over the national team and I somehow missed it, still, those starting at lower levels arent progressing as I hoped.

• 1 month later...

Archived