A team with poor passing

Hi there,

I'm playing Bolton Wanderers. Took them over 15 games in and when I see the Team Report I notice I have very poor passing stats (The lowest of the league). So based on preferred roles of my best players I made this formation.

isWW7IZ.png?1

I haven't put on mentality and TIs yet, but my first instinct is playing on counter, Direct Passing and Use the Flanks, but I'm not sure if it will work this way. Can someone help me to get any ideas how to go about it?

I see a conflict between how you say you want to play and some of the player roles you have selected. Specifically, you have a DLP and an AP in the middle, yet you are instructing your team to focus on the flanks. The F9 is also a curious decision for a team with poor passing. If you really think your team is poor at passing and should be playing simple/direct then you should be selecting more generic/basic roles, such as CM, TM, AF, DLF, BBM, W, etc., and trying to get more players running into the box for a brute force attack with long balls and crosses. DLP, AP, F9, etc. are more subtle, probing roles.

Of course, there can be overlap between the two extremes to produce a balanced attack, but what you posted looks more like a mismatch.

Archived