Position vs Role

So I've got several players that are natural in both the DM and CM positions. My question is how would they fare if given a role they are not so good at. For example I've got one CM who's perfect as an advanced playmaker and the radial dial shows that he's half as good as a box-to-box midfielder. But when I click on the box-to-box midfielder in his profile, the stats that are highlighted for that role are still pretty good. The thing is I don't want to worry about who goes where in my midfield triangle (DLP defend, B-to-B support and AP attack). I don't want to rely too much on their role affinity, but the position. Would I be wrong if I sometimes set a player who is a natural in a position to a role that he's not good at?

Role suitability doesn't matter. It's just based on averages of certain attributes that aren't even necessarily important to what you want to achieve. There is no underlying penalty to using a player in a "bad" role. If you think his attributes are fine they're going to be fine.

Archived