Defending 2 strikers

Hi guys i wanna ask a question and get advice about defending 4-4-2 tactic. I am not good about defending 2 striker although i gave my stopers to tight marking instruction.

I am playing 2 dc with defend 1 wing back 1 full back with support role and 1 dmc with deep lying playmaker defend by the way .

Thank you

You'll have to provide a bit more analysis about how you're conceding goals. For example, when the opposition are playing 4-4-2 do they score most of their goals from crosses, or by playing through balls through the middle, long balls over the top and so on? Once you ascertain how the opposition score goals against you you can figure out a better way to deal with them.

I suspect that you are defensively quite solid in the centre (2 cbs on defend with a deep lying playmaker on defend too), however I wonder about your wings. You have one full back and wing back on support, but don't mention if they have a winger in front of either of them or not. If you don't have a winger in front of them (e.g. playing a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 diamond formation) or you have players in AML and AMR slots on attack duty your fullbacks could easily be overloaded by the opposition fbs and wingers making it easy for them to score from cross goals or players drifting in from wide positions.

If this is the case perhaps you should consider tweaking your formation to adjust for this.... If not, I'm afraid you'll need to provide more information for people to help you out :)

Also, tight marking is never good to use if the opposition forwards are faster than your defenders... It is perfectly suitable to use against big targetmen like players (e.g. Andy Carroll), but I wouldn't recommend trying to tight mark Jamie Vardy... So you should be careful telling both your defenders to tight mark, it would be better to tell one to stand off and one to tight mark and assess if it is necessary on a game to game basis.

Thank you for your reply. I gave tight marking instruction on opposition instructions not on player instructions. And i give instructions to cbs that dont press . Maybe when opposites forwards are pacefull i would give easy tackle.do you think that will be usefull ?

Thank you for your reply. I gave tight marking instruction on opposition instructions not on player instructions. And i give instructions to cbs that dont press . Maybe when opposites forwards are pacefull i would give easy tackle.do you think that will be usefull ?

Well, be careful even including tight marking as a team instruction.... players are still going to beaten by faster players 9 times out of 10 if everyone marks tightly. Why do you want to use tight marking so much?

To be honest, without seeing your tactics and how you are conceding goals it is difficult for anyone to help. Can you upload a screenshot of your current tactics?

Archived