Leagues with teams from different countries, keeping their nationality - finding a way

nom245

.. and I am near to find it

as the title says.. my goal is to create a league with teams from different nations, where each team keeps the original nationality. I know it is possible to create a league based in one nation, where each team can be based on a different nation (and also have a continental qualification for another nation). But this is not ideal because of the foreign rules. I can set a nation as non-foreign, but this will affect all the teams in the nation where the league is based. If I want a league with a max 5 foreigners, and I want English teams have maximum 5 non-english player, Spanish teams with maximum 5 non-spanish, italians with maximum 5 non-italian.. this can not be done.

The thing I want is to consider as foreign players, all the people having a nationality different from that of the team.

I'm working on the advanced rules, I have fm15 but the file can be easily imported on this year editor and re-saved, I think.

I though the manner could be to make playables teams involved in an international competition, structured as a league.

In this simple file that I have done as example, I created two fictional teams and one test competition: the team A is named Barbados, nation Barbados. The team B is named St.Kitts & Nevis, nationality St. Kitts and Nevis. The Test Competition is setted as "club champions cup". I assigned for both the teams the Test Competition as division. Both the teams are empty of players and staff (I want the game creates them!)

Then I created continental rules for north america, and convert them to advanced rules. The important settings, to make teams playable, are under the "continent" item. In particular, under "required teams", you must list all the teams of the leagues:

rZtjhjK.jpg

QLxfBez.jpg

ktVoi5H.jpg

OfPKODE.jpg

zMKl2Rk.jpg

For the competition I create a single stage setted as league. Yes, there are only two teams involved but this is only an example.

When I loaded the editor file on the game I obtained not the best result, but I think it is a decent point of start.

I can not load an international competition without loading a league, so i loaded one league (I choosed the turkish league, but it could be different).

When the game is loaded, I am on the start screen (add a new manager) and unfortunally I can only choose national teams or turkish clubs. But if I go to "world">"north america" and I go to the Test Competition screen, I can see the two team I created. If I enter in the Barbados club, I see the team has generated barbadian players and staff (but not the manager), and the button "take control" is enabled.

IGeTpc4.jpg

Unfortunally, if I click on the "take control" button, I am redirected to the initial start screen, and again I can choose only turkish league's clubs or national teams :(.

Now I create my manager as unemployed. I go under the St. Kitts and Nevis team. If I click "overview">"view job advert" and I see I can request the bench of my team. This is the only way, at the moment, I know to take the control of one of these teams, the other is using the in-game editor to move myself in the team:

2jyHfa1.jpg

ksvfXen.jpg

UI8Ymip.jpg

Another thing I noticed on my tests: if I create the manager (unemployed) and I go under "job security", I can not see any of the two teams as available, despite they have not a manager (really I wanted they creates a manager and all the staff but this not happens, they creates only players and the assistant manager). I made a test creating a league for the Barbados, with the real clubs, in another file. Then I loaded the game with the barbadian league instead of the turkish league. The only difference is that the barbados team is now visible in the "job security" (while St. Kitts & Nevis is not present) but however, like before, you can only request the job and you can not take the control from the beginning, because the initial screen permits only to choose under the barbadian teams that are in the league.

TRfAeCo.jpg

I think if I will have success to find a way (but I don't know how at the moment), this can be a new method to set "international leagues" with teams form different nations, where teams will be playable without loading their domestic divisions, slowing down the game, and with new possibilities about correct foreign rules for each team. I think it will be not impossible to set relegations and promotions as second step for the international leagues.

Any idea is welcome

This is the sample file, it is for fm15 (to load in fm16, open it in the fm16 editor and save a new file)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uw08w54jim88a4b/prova3.fmf

Maybe I've got an idea but I need to verificate.. considering that "secondary divisions" permit to have teams from different nations, a better way can be to set the league as secondary division (and not continental competition) in one nation. Using the same trick to add every team we want to have playable in the screen "requested teams" under the nation settings. Otherwise we can take the control only of the teams which have the same nationality of the division we load in the game (I experienced this in previous works). In this manner, theoretically, we will able to have the team selectable in the "add a new manager" screen, and a certain number of staff, based in the nation we had chosen for the secondary division, will load in the game and will become usefull in the game

I tried the way of the secondary division but it did not work in any way. Tried different combinations but the foreign teams did not activated in the game and did not load the players. So the first way to set the league as champions cup is the best at the moment

I find finally a possible way to set "international" leagues. It is not totally perfect, but it works. The league must be setted in a nation, but with my method each club retains their original nation (nation, based nation and continental cup nation). Until now I ever got an error when tried such thing. I will wrote a quick guide and a sample file is attached. In the sample file I created a league with 8 european big teams, with a rule of max 5 foreigners in the match squad.

-step 1. Open the editor. Create the competition you want use for your league. Set the nation you want for the competition (I used Switzerland in the sample). Put the teams you want in the division, under the tab "teams". The nationality of the teams will be automatically changed, we leave temporarily the nationality of the league, but we will change it afterwards.

-step 2. If you are not expert with the advanced rules and you want use basic rules, click on "add nation rules" and create new rules for the nation you assigned to the league, and set the league as you want. Then verify the competition.

-step 3. Now you must switch to advanced rules, but the changes are minimal. Before to change something in the rules, go on the properties of your division, in the database, and for each squad listed under "teams", give back the original nationality manually, as the screen below:

zeklIwB.jpg

-step 4. Advanced rules, now. Go under "nation", then "required teams". You will see your new division listed. Click on "clear". Now click on add and add avery team you want playable in your division and his nation, as the screen below shows:

PfUIiDm.jpg

-step 5. Save, test the rules and load it in the game.

Attached sample files:

fm15: http://www.mediafire.com/download/v647qf9ji8q21qp/European_sample_leagueFM15.fmf

fm16 (fm16 version was made of a user in another forum and it was validate in the editor but not tested in game): http://www.mediafire.com/download/3yifyrau6p9s8r4/European_sample_leagueFM16.fmf

This is the result I obtained in my sample (fm15). Despite the league is based in the nation Switzerland, foreigners are considered non-portuguese for the portuguese team, non-german for the german team... At the starting screen select "switzerland" to load in the game (you will see broken leagues in other nations but it is normal, since I move the bigger clubs to the sample division without fixing their original league).

QGwBfiW.jpg

SvnrnOK.jpg

keVmEqC.jpg

wQ3cGKG.jpg

note the nationality of the teams remains the same

4nMoakm.jpg

ArcapuI.jpg

Known issues:

in my tests, the foreigners teams putted in a league with this procedure, are not visible in the "job security" screen. This occur probably because they are not in the nation choosen to load the game. So if we will remain unemployed at a certain point of the game, we can not see if the bench of these teams is available or not. The only way is to check them individually or send our request to all.

In the "add new manager" wizard, the name of the league does not appear, even if the teams are selectable. Probably this is due to the fact I erased the division from the tab "requested teams" adding each team individually

ofEPhMO.jpg

Archived