What team should I manage? Can't find the right balance.

I've won all trophies with the biggest teams and it gets boring, but when I manage teams who are a little less than elite sides (A.Madrid, Dortmund, Liverpool, Schalke) I can never beat the giants in the league. Bayern Munich especially are the worst team to beat, no matter what I can't beat them at all. Now I look for the right balance between success and a good challenge.

To be honest, if you can't take a team in the same league or the one directly below it and challenge "the giants" of that country within 5 seasons, you need to take a good hard look at your tactics and team management philosophy.

Instead of taking a big team and making it a mad race for all the silverware, start unemployed in a random country, interview for a job, and make it career. Develop team chemistry, experiment with a new tactic, swear you won't sign any players that you have prior knowledge. Go to Iceland and try to win the Champions League.

Why won't you try a top team in a poor league like Poland, Hungary etc. That way it shouldn't take that long to dominate the league but your challenge every season will be the european competions.
To be honest, if you can't take a team in the same league or the one directly below it and challenge "the giants" of that country within 5 seasons, you need to take a good hard look at your tactics and team management philosophy.

Instead of taking a big team and making it a mad race for all the silverware, start unemployed in a random country, interview for a job, and make it career. Develop team chemistry, experiment with a new tactic, swear you won't sign any players that you have prior knowledge. Go to Iceland and try to win the Champions League.

Maybe I'll try this, I've never managed a side outside the top 5 leagues in Europe. I was thinking of Serbia perhaps I can dominate with Partizan or Red Star or Turkey with Fenerbahce or Galatasaray, this will be a fun and interesting challenge I think. Now I just need to choose the correct team for me.

Archived