Professional status issue

I'm managing Haverfordwest in the Welsh league. Asked the board to become professional club which they agreed to and it went into my board request status under planning. The completion date was 27th June, the blue bar is completely full. It's now the 13th August and we are still semi pro? Any ideas??

I think it comes into affect at the end of the season. That's what happens most of the time. Boards never upgrade that status mid season. That's what happens with me anyway. It might be different for others

I agree that it happens at the end of the season and never mid season..

However, as it was meant to be complete in june, the new season starts Usually 1st July and he's now in August, wouldn't that of been the end of the season?

I'm managing Haverfordwest in the Welsh league. Asked the board to become professional club which they agreed to and it went into my board request status under planning. The completion date was 27th June, the blue bar is completely full. It's now the 13th August and we are still semi pro? Any ideas??

What was your bank balance at the end of the season (when the team started their holiday) as if it's going to happen that's when the status changes. If the balance falls below a certain number the club will not turn pro regardless of whether the board agreed to it or not, the balance needs to be above £2.5M (at least that's the last figure I have). If the balance was above £2.5M at that time then perhaps you need to post this in the bugs section.

The bar hasn't turned red or haven't had any messages to say it's failed or been put back. When I requested it was near the beginning of the season and the board said we would turn professional the following season. I've now started that season now. Had about £1mil in the bank I think at the end of season. I now have about £3mil due to champions league money.

• 2 months later...

This isnt a issue its more of a question to do with professional status... My club went from amateur to semi professional and usually in the past i have seen that you can offer money contracts to players but right now i am only allowed to sign non contracts to players... do i have to move up in a league to get those signing players... just dont want to lose my best players to teams that they throw money at them if my players are on non contracts

Archived