When to loan out players?

so do people have certain rules to loan out players, so far i've been accepting most loan offers as long as they say the player will be first team or key, but i've just had a look at some of my players i have 3 all at one championship club they are all playing but for some reason all their attributes basically are in the red for all three players, can anyone explain this the clubs training facilities are good by the way?

so how much value does playing first team football have on improvements compared to training at prem facilities?

how long have they been out on loan?

what age are they, what are they like personality/training efficiency wise (Milnereque or Balotelli).

Where have the dropped attributes?

The facilities might be good, have you checked the staff?

I'd always put time on the pitch as priority one over staying in the reserves myself, but many things will effect the up or down, not just they are playing so they must be getting better.

resolute, fairly determined and fairly ambitious, 18, 23 and 21. basically all dropped about 75% of their attributes.

it just freaked me out a bit as i've basically loaned most of my reserve and youth team out, and i thought i was doing the right thing for their development.

Training will only get a player so far. That's why you loan them out (if they're not going to play at your club) so that they can get vital experience on the pitch. If they're playing at a level below their actual ability, will they learn anything?

"Best" way is to play them yourself. You're at a high enough level and good facilities. Otherwise, get them out to a club that at least plays at a level that'll challenge them. It's no good letting a Championship level player get match time in League 2.

That said, I never loan out hot prospects. Players I can't see getting 1st team action in the future, yeah, but not players I definitely see as future first teamers.

. It's no good letting a Championship level player get match time in League 2.

Do you mean an established Championship player or a future prospect Championship level player? In-game or real-life?

There are loads of good examples where prospects find it advantageous to play lower down, even in L2...

As for established players, well then its better to sell.

Do you mean an established Championship player or a future prospect Championship level player? In-game or real-life?

There are loads of good examples where prospects find it advantageous to play lower down, even in L2...

As for established players, well then its better to sell.

I covered this in my post?

Training will only get a player so far. That's why you loan them out (if they're not going to play at your club) so that they can get vital experience on the pitch. If they're playing at a level below their actual ability, will they learn anything?

My typical plan is:

1. Tutor them to improve personality. This might take a year or two but can't spend too long as they need game time.

2. If there current ability means they will not get 1st team game time I will look to loan them out:

2.1 I look at the players report and see what league it says they would be a good player for

2.2 Try to loan them out to that league or higher. Don't go too high or they might not get game time even if you were told they would be a first team player.

2.3 I look at the teams coaching level, training facilities and expected league position and try to pick the best so they get good training and have more chance of playing with good players (for that league) and playing well.

I covered this in my post?

You said their actual ability. So you mean C.A in FM parlance? So if you had a player with 1.5 star coach rating (lets not go into C.A numbers as we cant see them) but he had 4 star potential star rating (a future first team player) and you were, lets say Wolves, would you loan the player to, lets say Bristol Rovers in L2 if he was going to be a First Team player, ergo getting lots of on pitch minutes?

I know FM isn't real life but Harry Kane went on loan at Leyton Orient and Millwall and Kane cites his time at Millwall as invaluable. (yes i know Kane is different to a 3.5 star potential player at Wolves but there are lots of other examples).

You said their actual ability. So you mean C.A in FM parlance? So if you had a player with 1.5 star coach rating (lets not go into C.A numbers as we cant see them) but he had 4 star potential star rating (a future first team player) and you were, lets say Wolves, would you loan the player to, lets say Bristol Rovers in L2 if he was going to be a First Team player, ergo getting lots of on pitch minutes?

I know FM isn't real life but Harry Kane went on loan at Leyton Orient and Millwall and Kane cites his time at Millwall as invaluable. (yes i know Kane is different to a 3.5 star potential player at Wolves but there are lots of other examples).

CA. Their ability now.

so do people have certain rules to loan out players, so far i've been accepting most loan offers as long as they say the player will be first team or key, but i've just had a look at some of my players i have 3 all at one championship club they are all playing but for some reason all their attributes basically are in the red for all three players, can anyone explain this the clubs training facilities are good by the way?

so how much value does playing first team football have on improvements compared to training at prem facilities?

Match performance has an impact on development as far as I know, so if they play constantly bad, they won't improve much...

Archived