Loan player - needs improvement

So I recently got a very decent youth player through academy, he has potential to be key player for the team, so I thought of loaning him out..

jD0es.png

The problem now starts... while offering him for loan, I see only championship teams interested in him, ok good... I have loaned him to Brighton, he didn't got even a single game and again Bristol City, he got just 11 appearances mostly subs.

Sending him to a League 1 team, he will reject them straight... now what's the option? because he can't get games in championship teams..

What a great regen. Offer him to clubs without asking compensation or wage contribution and only accept if they offer him "first team player status" or higher and also, he has to have "Terminate loan" clause. If there arent any interested clubs, send him to affiliate, if you dont have any good affiliates, keep him in U19. That's basically what I would do.

Why the need to loan him out?

Have him in your senior squad so that he is training with better players & use him as often as you can, if you want to develop youth players you need to give them a chance in your senior team & sending players out on loan is often the least optimal method to develop a player as you have no control over their training or how they are used so after a 2 or 3 seasons of being farmed out on loan you have a higher chance of ending up with a player who does not fit your system & could be less likely to have positive feelings towards you or the club which might present issues with keeping them happy over the longer term.

3 month loan at the start of the season would be what I would have done had I a large number of CB options.

Any player, unless they need a work permit, who you see as a first team player in 2-3 years should be loaned out as a final resort. I have a long list of 10 players (sometimes up to 20) out on loan every season but the vast majority are on my 'not sure about him' list. If he performs well, he will be back in the squad asap. If not, I'll farm them out on loan for a fee until contract end or until I can get a fee for them.

There's little incentive for a Championship side to play him if he's not ready for your side yet (Championship sides should be able to loan decent Premier League players), but he might feel stepping down two divisions isn't as valuable as training at your club.

Short term loans that you can extend make a lot of sense for younger players as they do need games and finding the right club is (rightfully) a very difficult task if you can't squeeze them in at your own.

The player obviously feels he is too good for the lower league sides... what squad status is he btw?

And the championship clubs are obviously only seeing him as backup..

There isn't a whole lot you can do tbh apart from ask for first team status etc ....

I would just give him a run out in the first team.

His squad status is Hot Prospect, I think I will change that to rotation and give him some first team actions specially capital one cup matches which isn't my priority.. that's the only way out I think.

I would tbh, a few cap one games, maybe a few 20 minute appearances off the bench when the game is already won, and you'll soon get enquiries, another way round it (if you have the league loaded) is send them up to Scotland.. Most of the premier league teams up there - with respect - are at a no better/worse squad level than the English championship teams, plus you have the added bonus of the player seeing it as 'top level' league

Usually works for me anyway..

Archived