Has No International Experience

This is sometimes listed as a Con on scout reports but I don't understand it. Why should I care if the player has international experience or not? Does this make them play better for my club?

It should be more nuanced, if a guy is 26 and hasn't played for France/Brazil/Germany yet and you're looking for a player with world class pedigree, that would trigger an alarm bell for me. But I wouldn't care to see 'has plenty of international experience' for a player who has 30 caps for Belarus at age 22 - simply not important.

Maybe the advice could be bespoke based on FIFA rankings and even better to their status within a side.

"Represented Brazil when they won the World Cup in 2022" or "Is considered the best player from Japan" or "Experienced international but not been selected for Spain since 2014". Might make that advice a little more immersive, certainly when you read press reports IRL you'll see small things like that.

Scout reports in FM are on the whole brilliant, the amount of data at your fingers in just terrific, but I would agree that this one isn't usable in it's current state.

I was gonna open a thread about this too. I thought that maybe having more international experience could mean some better mental stats? Like the guy is more matured or experienced.

This shows up for all leagues so only in england would this be useful for work permit. It should mean something else besides that, i guess just to show you that the guy is good enough to play for his nation i guess.

Thanks all :)

Regarding the work permit thing, there's a separate scouting thing that tells you the likelihood of getting a work permit. It will tell you "Is unlikely to get a work permit" or "Should get a work permit at first time of asking" or something to that effect. I think the player needs to be well scouted for this info though.

Archived