Personal player behaviour

Just sneaking in a bit of sky sports at work and it got me wondering if fm will ever go as deep as including things like players sending stupid tweets (joleon lescott car or the psg guy about ibra/blanc) or illegal approaches from other clubs, players form dipping due to problems at home etc. I saw there's some about leaving clubs late etc - although I've personally never had it.

I'm sure - although it's possible I dreamt this - there used to be a thing on a fm way back that it used to pop up saying player A doesn't like player B or whatever, I'm guessing that's disappeared completely now?

I know there is a suggestions thread, but this isn't a suggestion as such, just some random thinking for a friday afternoon..

For genuine players there is very little that will happen in the way of controversial incidents due to potential legal consequences. However, with regens the shackles come off more.

Most players will tend to avoid unprofessional and controversial players though (primarily - in my mind only of course - because the scout reports and ratings make it too easy to avoid these players) so the players observing incidents of some of the more extreme elements are rarer. I have had a player sent off a couple years back for what the commentary said was a "right hook" at a corner. He had a few red card problems though did that lad, randomly scything players down at the half way line for no real reason.

Oh no I know that professionalism etc comes into it, but players still do stupid things - lescott's car tweet, rooneys boxing with shawcross, balotelli's fireworks etc - increased media/fan attention and pressure could affect player performances..

For instance, I've seen players missing training, but why don't they go awol like Ben arfa did?

I'm not saying we should see animations of balotelli blowing up his house.. That's just ridiculous, but maybe just the odd news article where players have been misbehaving etc .. I guess it's just adding more to the man management side of things.

SI steer well clear of anything which could bring the game into disrepute.

Lescott car - real

Balotelli fireworks - real

Rooney boxing - real

Not really disrepute when they all happened is it? If anything it's adding more realism.

Lescott car - real

Balotelli fireworks - real

Rooney boxing - real

Not really disrepute when they all happened is it? If anything it's adding more realism.

But in FM its not about events that have already happened but what will happen, if you begin suggesting that another player was to do one of those things then it starts getting into murky areas. It may well be the case that 99% of players would be fine with it, but one player making a complaint and it could get pretty costly pretty quickly.

No, not a chance. Apart for thinking that dangerous and illegal flares in the crowd are somehow fun, SI steer well clear of anything which could bring the game into disrepute.

They are fun. And like most things they are mostly dangerous because they're illegal. If they weren't, they could be properly managed, set off relatively safely and people around them warned to purchase tickets elsewhere if they suffer from breathing difficulties etc. Instead we ban it, fail to stop it happening and make it much more dangerous when it does.

But in FM its not about events that have already happened but what will happen, if you begin suggesting that another player was to do one of those things then it starts getting into murky areas. It may well be the case that 99% of players would be fine with it, but one player making a complaint and it could get pretty costly pretty quickly.

Fair point - but that's why you mentioned the newgens, the names would just be coincidence then? And I know scouting would weed out the troublemakers etc - but you can't tell me the city scouts knew balotelli would try and blow up the bathroom. Or the Sunderland scouts knew about Johnson (and no.. I'm not saying put that in game, just using it as an example) .. Players go off the rails and no amount of scouting can warn of that.

Lol Spurs08.. Gassing the fans and mass stadium evacuations wasn't quite what I had in mind, but I like your thinking lol.

The fact that this would even get to liable court, if it happened would be a complete and utter joke of the legal system.

In the game, Vardy scored the goal that relegated my team, i'm to sue him for emotional distress :lol

Its a nice idea, and would be a fun touch but like santy says the legal ramifications could be a joke of a nightmare.

The fact that this would even get to liable court, if it happened would be a complete and utter joke of the legal system.

In the game, Vardy scored the goal that relegated my team, i'm to sue him for emotional distress :lol

Its a nice idea, and would be a fun touch but like santy says the legal ramifications could be a joke of a nightmare.

From my amatuer understanding, part of the problem is that every jurisdiction would have a different take on it - and SI obviously want to release the game with the same code worldwide. The only way you might get away with it would be if it was a totally random occurence and bore no relation to anything set in the database about a player, but that would be totally unrealistic and in my opinion worse than the current solution of restricting it to regens.

(I'm still waiting for the game to come up with a regen called Ibrahimovic, have him do something awful and end up with a ridiculous court claim courtesy of Zlatan ;) )

Archived