Mentality and TI's question

Hello fellow fm'ers :) question Is it possible to achieve a attacking/control/defensive mentality using just TI's while keeping the mentality on standard? To me all mentality seems to do is alter the ti's so your short passing is now mixed or say the team shape narrows on defensive, is this achievable by keeping mentality on standard and adjusting ti's?

Thanks for any answers

edit do you also have to be playing defensive mentality to select time waste?

Only to a certain degree. Sure you can adjust TIs to resemble different mentalities, but you won't get an exact match in all areas (eg., shorter passing for defenders but more direct for attackers in more attacking mentalities). You'd need to get involved with a lot of PIs too - and it still wouldn't be exact.

The other major difference is adjusting mentality also changes individual player mentalities, not just the team mentality. And there's not an awful lot you can do about that outside of changing mentality. Again, you can to a degree but that's all.

In terms of time wasting, yeh the more defensive the mentality the more time wasting you get - because mentality is all about risk, pace and aggression. Wasting time helps to reduce this, so if you are playing with an attacking mentality by default you are playing risky football at a high pace with lots of aggression, so you don't want to waste time.

Thank you for the detailed reply.I never took the individual mentalities into account i assume it affects individuals creative feedom as well then. I would say time wasting could be used for most though like if your pressing high and trying to keep the opposition pinned in their defensive third but winning by 1/2 goals and getting alot of throws cks etc

Archived