Group D - Spain vs Turkey - NOW!

Random quote from the president recently:

"The Celta Vigo president has now confirmed he expects one of the clubs interested to pay the release clause in full during the coming transfer window.

"I think [barcelona's interest in Nolito during the January transfer window] was very real, but there was no agreement. I think Nolito will leave Celta this year," Mouriño said to Reporte Jalisco.

"Nolito's contract has a buy-out clause of €18m. Whoever pays it will take him. There is not even negotiation [needed if they meet the clause] but Celta will not sell him for less than €18m. If someone pays the clause, we have to let him go whether we like it or not. At this time we wouldn't [accept a swap deal with other players]. We believe that we must form the team with the players we want and not with those that other clubs don't want.

"We always say that if someone gives us €18m we will lose a player who will be very difficult to replace, but with €18m, an amount that we have never had before, we would strengthen the team. We would lose an individuali but would bolster the team. Therefore, if someone signs Nolito for €18m we would be happy, and if he stays it would be great for us because he is a magnificent player and has three years left on his contract at Celta."

Not even top 5, maybe top 10...
Come on mate, he supports Juventus. Of course, he will get a bit hyperbolic.
Why don't you lads ask him who Morata replaced as the worlds striker...
I think he will say Tevez, so I won't even bother asking.
Tevez would have been a reasonable answer compared to what georginho will say
Responding to georginho ffs. When will people learn.
People like Sid came along and made us realise that geroge wasn't that bad afterall.
Bendtner obviously the best striker in the world.

There is nobody out there, except Morata, whom every club would want if they were given one chance to get a striker for free. He would be top of the list. Accept it, don't make fool of yourselves, he's the best striker out there at this moment.

why could they not get both? different players, different positions, in different stages of their careers.

Both attacking midfielders/wingers who're going to be used as a backup. I don't think any player with ambition would sign to be a 5th option in a 3man attack.

And Barca isn't exactly swimming in money + they need like 3 defensive players.

Nolito would be an excellent back-up to the front three, Denis Suarez is more someone who would play behind them. There is absolutely no cover for injuries upfront so they need a forward, and Nolito is much more of a forward than Denis Suarez. 18 million is a no-brainer if he wants to come to Barcelona.

There is nobody out there, except Morata, whom every club would want if they were given one chance to get a striker for free. He would be top of the list. Accept it, don't make fool of yourselves, he's the best striker out there at this moment.

Robert Lewandowski and Karim Benzema are giggling reading this post.

Archived