Mac vs PC Version

As a programmer, I'm curious as to if there is any difference in how the Mac version is coded versus the Windows version. Am I right in thinking that the Windows version is Native whereas the Mac version runs almost as a chromeapp?

Seems to be a significant speed disparity between the two.

The biggest problem seems to be in threading when simulating large numbers of matches. I'm running an extended Brazil DB and running each round of the Brazilian cup is literally taking about 10 minutes on a 2 year old Macbook Pro.

It seems to be running as one process and not utilising the cores?

Only the full match engine utilising multiple physical & virtual cores, check the processing settings in 'Detail Level' to check what settings are in place, It's also worth noting that due to cooling issues with the MBP design it could be the cpu throttinge back to protect against overheating.

Only the full match engine utilising multiple physical & virtual cores, check the processing settings in 'Detail Level' to check what settings are in place, It's also worth noting that due to cooling issues with the MBP design it could be the cpu throttinge back to protect against overheating.

Detail level is all to none, the problem is the Brazilian cup is a competition that I am in. Do you have any advice on how to fix the processing throttling?

As it's a competition your club is competing in it should be using the full ME, try changing the main settings to 'default' & it is worth checking that you have hyper-threading enabled in Preferences>Match. I'm not able to suggest anything more than that as I'm not a mac user but it is worth checking the tech issues section as other MBP users might be aware of any OS settings that you can change to improve performance.

Archived