Losing badly and poor results after winning streaks

Hello all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread.

I'm currently playing as alfreton in the vanarama north I can go on some good runs wins and draws for about 12 matches mostly wins but my wins are not pretty always seem to win by a goal rarely do I hit three in a match even though I rattle of more shots than the AI and have the better of possession. My gripe is suddenly my tactics stop working when I string wins together I try mixing it up but to no avail. It's starts off with draws against teams I should win against then I'll do a Roy hodgson and get beat in what should have been a easy match I control the possession my strikers miss complete sitters and my defence which are normally solid collapse and crumble. in these matches I'll score first but within a few game minutes the other team scores and the rout begins I'm a newbie to the game is this some bug or am I missing a trick here?

• 2 weeks later...

check your ass man info during the game. probably players get overconfident during the winning streak. in full mode this can be handled by team talks, in touch mode it's more difficult as you can't shout during a game and can't give team talks... maybe assistant manager with good motivating skills would help... i tend to run into similar problems...

It also depends on your tactical set up and what teams you are playing against and how they play against you. At some point your opponent will start to sit deeper and defend more, frustrating your attempts, while they have maybe 2 chances and one of them goes in. You could visit the tactics forum, post your tactic details and get some feedback.

yeah, it may also be a good idea to just switch to defensive tactics after that 1st goal or later during the game. the good thing is that if you look at ai vs ai results, it also gets a lot of results when one team is dominating totally but loses to a single shot on target.

Archived