1.2.1 Coach's Motivation Ratings

Universally, they've been dropped dramatically, with most coaches having a rating of 1 or 2.
Yep! As posted here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/460101-1-2-One-bug-one-issue?highlight=motivating and here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/460507-(1-2-1)-Motivating-att-for-all-coaching-staff-is-low

If there's a hotfix for the missing background games bug http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/460357-No-background-games-being-played maybe/hopefully the motivation bug will be addressed too

Yeah, that background game bug is an absolute game breaker. I hope it's the number one issue being handled right now. The motivation bug sucks but not having our prospects play for multi years is a major development killer.

You could always use EHM Assistant to adjust the motivation rating if that's what you're asking about.

For 5000 staff in my database? Every time when I start new game? Besides, we don’t know if motivating stat working properly in game mechanics. Such a ridiculous bug like this is the responsibility of SI. I paid for it.

For 5000 staff in my database? Every time when I start new game? Besides, we don’t know if motivating stat working properly in game mechanics. Such a ridiculous bug like this is the responsibility of SI. I paid for it.

I think there is a "mass edit all" feature in EHM DB editor. But I've never used it so I'm not sure how it would work. Give the DB editor a try and see if that helps with the issue as a short term fix. I am only trying to offer some short term solutions. I agree it's a bug, but the Dev can only do so much at once. There are other and more important issues right now that need attention so some things have no choice but to wait.

I think there is a "mass edit all" feature in EHM DB editor. But I've never used it so I'm not sure how it would work. Give the DB editor a try and see if that helps with the issue as a short term fix. I am only trying to offer some short term solutions. I agree it's a bug, but the Dev can only do so much at once. There are other and more important issues right now that need attention so some things have no choice but to wait.

Don’t forget that every one staff member owns his individual attribute rating (given by researchers) that correspond with the Current ability. (I don’t want use mass edit and move my game into fantasy hockey realm).

More important issues? Motivating stat affect training efficiency, prospects development, players knowledge of tactic, etc…

In regard to training, a coach with high motivation will influence the players work rate and affect their determination to play better, train harder and do better. The players will take training and matches more seriously and not slack off.”

- In my opinion, it’s making game unplayable.

Anyway, thank you for your advice.

Don’t forget that every one staff member owns his individual attribute rating (given by researchers) that correspond with the Current ability. (I don’t want use mass edit and move my game into fantasy hockey realm).

More important issues? Motivating stat affect training efficiency, prospects development, players knowledge of tactic, etc…

In regard to training, a coach with high motivation will influence the players work rate and affect their determination to play better, train harder and do better. The players will take training and matches more seriously and not slack off.”

- In my opinion, it’s making game unplayable.

Anyway, thank you for your advice.

How about prospects not playing at all? I think that's a more important issue than the coaches bug. I didn't say this wasn't important but there is only so much a Dev can do at one time and, much like life, there will always be a priority list. I don't see this bug as game breaking compared to the no background games bug. Like I said before, these things always get sorted out. We just have to have patience.

How about prospects not playing at all? I think that's a more important issue than the coaches bug. I didn't say this wasn't important but there is only so much a Dev can do at one time and, much like life, there will always be a priority list. I don't see this bug as game breaking compared to the no background games bug. Like I said before, these things always get sorted out. We just have to have patience.

The bug itself doesn't break the game (it does make it far less realistic, but that's a digression for a longer post), but I do think it's an indicator of something seriously amiss in the code; for all we know, this bug could be connected with the non-playing prospects as well as other functional issues. The bug is database-independent and it affects the gameplay engine. So I think it's definitely major.

The bug itself doesn't break the game (it does make it far less realistic, but that's a digression for a longer post), but I do think it's an indicator of something seriously amiss in the code; for all we know, this bug could be connected with the non-playing prospects as well as other functional issues. The bug is database-independent and it affects the gameplay engine. So I think it's definitely major.
I totally admit I know nothing about coding, but I think it's a huge stretch to connect a single Attribute's functioning with non-playing prospects (and based on my testing and seeing other bugs/issues and their effects over the years I suspect there's absolutely no connection between the two)

It won't change the motivation attribute of any staff member that already has a rating, no. It would work (I think) on newly generated staff in games in progress, if they are created after the fix is installed.

Attribute fixes would not work on staff that have already been created in a game in progress though.

For new games? Will it not work for games already in progress?

No, because according to Riz the glitch occurs when the game generates coaches/assistant coaches for the save game at the start. I believe the game pulls the information on staff from whichever source database you choose to use (default, TBL, 1978, etc.) and then populates any fields not specifically detailed in that staff record dynamically. As hluraven said, for current saves, as the game created new staff at the coach/asst. coach level, it would populate the Motivating field correctly once the hotfix is in place, but existing staff - having already been generated - would retain the values from when they were created.

Also, thank you, Riz! :)

Archived