Regens, Nationalities and Ethnicities

Good Evening!

I'm playing in Norway and i noticed a lot of new regens have quite frankly, un-scandinavic looks, paired with typical scandinavic names.

For example:

931ddd1576ce76fa9de7ce84f0389094.png

Born in Norway, speaks only Norwegian and basic english, no other languages. Also no other nationalities, which is usually common with 2nd generation immigrants.

Why is that? I like the game to be as realistic as possible and hope, the developers could look into that. Or is there another solution?

You have heard of Mathias 'Zanka' Jorgensen, or Martin Olsson, or even Daniel Braaten, right? :p

I can see where you're coming from, though. I would like to see a higher number of newgens with second nationalities, and more realistic combinations with regards to names, nationalities and ethnicities.

On FM11, I saw a newgen striker in West Ham's youth academy called Lewis Griggs, who was black, had English as a second nationalty... but was born in Serbia and had that as his first nationality. Very peculiar.

On a different note, on FM13, I noticed that quite a few Scottish newgens who had dual nationalities were of either South African or Mexican descent. I'd love to know if there are ANY Mexican-Scots around in Glasgow or Edinburgh, or indeed anywhere in Scotland! :lol:

Come to think of it, I have an idea - newgens with forenames and surnames of different nationalities (e.g. forename from the newgen's birthplace, surname from their parents' country of origin). To give a few real-life examples, there's Laurent Koscielny (French/Polish), Phil Jagielka (English/Polish), Angelo Ogbonna (Italian/Nigerian), and Yannick Carrasco (Belgian/Portuguese). Admittedly, that'd probably be quite difficult to implement in time for FM17 or FM18, but maybe it'd be something to consider further down the line.

You have heard of Mathias 'Zanka' Jorgensen, or Martin Olsson, or even Daniel Braaten, right? :p

I can see where you're coming from, though. I would like to see a higher number of newgens with second nationalities, and more realistic combinations with regards to names, nationalities and ethnicities.

On FM11, I saw a newgen striker in West Ham's youth academy called Lewis Griggs, who was black, had English as a second nationalty... but was born in Serbia and had that as his first nationality. Very peculiar.

On a different note, on FM13, I noticed that quite a few Scottish newgens who had dual nationalities were of either South African or Mexican descent. I'd love to know if there are ANY Mexican-Scots around in Glasgow or Edinburgh, or indeed anywhere in Scotland! :lol:

Come to think of it, I have an idea - newgens with forenames and surnames of different nationalities (e.g. forename from the newgen's birthplace, surname from their parents' country of origin). To give a few real-life examples, there's Laurent Koscielny (French/Polish), Phil Jagielka (English/Polish), Angelo Ogbonna (Italian/Nigerian), and Yannick Carrasco (Belgian/Portuguese). Admittedly, that'd probably be quite difficult to implement in time for FM17 or FM18, but maybe it'd be something to consider further down the line.

I heard of them and they all have african sounding middle names:

Martin Tony Waikwa Olsson

Daniel Omoya Braaten

Mathias Jattah-Njie Jørgensen

They were given european sounding first names by their parents so they could fit better into society (that's my guess atleast).

It's not about that anyway rather than a flaw in the regen system of FM and hope they will sort it out to make it more realistic, the example you gave sound indeed ridiculous. Considering they ever notice the issue of course ;)

Um...maybe their Mom's not from that country but does have naturalized citizenship? Maybe they're adopted? For me, I can't figure out why my Welsh regens from some little village have dreadlocks but they're not Rastafarians.

Archived