New Player Instruction "Attracts Ball"

BoxToBox

Attracts ball, or focal point, something like that......

Basically a PI that can be activated on any player to make it so that other players will try to get them on the ball as much as possible, like playmakers and target men, I think it'd help with developing more dynamic tactics.

48 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Basically a PI that can be activated on any player to make it so that other players will try to get them on the ball as much as possible, like playmakers and target men, I think it'd help with developing more dynamic tactics.

From observing the ME (I still play on FM12), I've noticed that players with the PPM "Dictates Tempo" like to get attracted to the ball and offer passing options by straying a little outside of their position compared to a player without the PPM. I think the Teamwork attribute may affect this also.

For example, I've noticed Mat Hummels step out of a back three to offer passing options for the midfielders, whereas players without the PPM wouldn't do so. 

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators
On 7/28/2016 at 21:14, BoxToBox said:

Who would you say is like this in real life that isn't a target man or playmaker?

You also have the option to 'exploit' certain parts of the pitch which mean that player is likely to see more of the ball. 

36 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Who would you say is like this in real life that isn't a target man or playmaker?

You also have the option to 'exploit' certain parts of the pitch which mean that player is likely to see more of the ball. 

Marouane Fellaini when he played for Everton was often targeted with the ball in a midfield position, and he was no playmaker(you could of course call him a target man, but you can't play a target man in midfield in FM, which is part of the idea behind this), again with Everton, I'm not sure if it's still true, but a few years ago it seemed most of their play funnelled through Leighton Baines at left back.

That said, it's not all about basing it on what has already been done, but more control over who does what for our teams. Of course unless it'd be overly exploitable, definitely wouldn't want that.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived