[Suggestion] Instruct Subs to Warm Up

T-Dog

Can't see any benefit personally.

A high % of users play at a fast pace keeping highlights to a minimum, for those people it would be difficult to include without severely hampering their playstyle.  Even for those of us who play at a slower pace I suspect it would be an annoying addition which would quickly become unpopular.

When you do the quick sub, that's kind of already an instruction warm up? You don't often make the change immediately. And I saw my sub keeper warming up when my main keeper got a (minor) injury.

I get why people may not use it. And yes, it would only be suited to people playing the game at a slower pace, such as myself.

The way i see this implemented and could be action is, such as the following scenario:

-  60 mins on the clock, and your striker is becoming a bit jaded (fitness at around 70% ish) I usually sub a player around 65 - 60% so would usually start thinking about my substitution then. 

- Using one of the side boxes, have a simple click button 'Warm up' alongside each of the players name - click it and then player begins his warm up. 

- a few mins pass during the game, and then i can decide whether to make the substitution, or continue as it is.

I am not bothered about having any kind of animation along the side of the pitch, but there could be room for added depth such as:

- How it would affect the players on the pitch, with a sub warming up who is of same/similar position. (Confidence/Morale)

- Would the sub be more prone to injury hadn't they warmed up?

- Could the sub become frustrated if he is instructed to warm up, but then isn't used. ~And then confront the manager after the match?

It is possibly me, just overthinking it - but i quite like how the above plays out in my head.

I like the idea but it would be hard to get the full benefit. Would be nice to have a half fit Zlatan on the bench away to Rochdale in the FA Cup trailing 1-0. Tell him to warm-up and instantly impose terror into the opposition

• 4 weeks later...

It's interesting and realist but so inconsequential in the grand scheme of things I can already imagine everyone complaining about how arduous this would quickly become. Occasionally I accidentally miss doing something already in the game at the exact time I want because of game speed or distractions - having to now add another separate step before every substitution would be a hassle. Leave that to the coaches.

• 3 months later...

Archived