A piece of Asia... in Sweden!

brenosantos

A piece of Asia... in Sweden - FM16 YOUTH CHALLENGE

Welcome to my career! I don't comment on this forum often, but I always love to read some youth challenges in these forums, so I decided to start my own. First, sorry for any eventual grammatical mistake. I'm from Brazil and despite understanding English fairly well, I'm not fluent, so sometimes you may see one or another error. Be patient, please! :)

Some time ago, I read about the story of a swedish club founded by Kurdish immigrants (for those who don't know, Kurdistan is a "roughly defined geo-cultural region wherein the Kurdish people form a prominent majority population" /wikipedia, including areas of Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran). Looking for a new save, I decided to choose this team to play. So please, welcome Simon Ahmed, new manager of Dalkurd FF!

DALKURD FF - INTRODUCTION

Dalkurd FF.png

According to Wikipedia, Dalkurd FF is a Swedish football club, located in Borlänge, Sweden. The club was formed in 2004 by Kurdish immigrants. The club was formed in 2004 by some local inhabitants from Borlänge. The club started as a social project by the management and their purpose with the club was to contribute to the youngsters in Borlänge by offering activities for them. In the first season the squad consisted of an average age of 17 years. Beside contributing to the youngsters, the chairman, Ramazan Kizil, had a high expectation from the football players and an ultimate goal: he wanted to take Dalkurd to the professional levels of the Swedish league.

For this challenge, I've loaded three leagues (Sweden, Denmark and Turkey) with a large database and players of some countries/regions.

That said, let's take a look at the team information and the current squad (including U21/U19 players):

o0gyIrf.png?1

WhhhqYG.png

Our main target this year is to be promoted by winning the league to Superettan (swedish second tier) and there's only one direct spot, so we need to fit our best players into a suitable tactical system.

In terms of players, Predrag Randjelovic is our best player and Diego Montiel is by far our best prospect, so we need to to take good care of them. I hate to use a Target Man, but with Erik Törnros being our only decent striker, I'll need to play him as a TM. This will be interesting.

Finally, a quick look at our facilities:

UEmqzbE.png?1

We're going to have some work here :D

7 hours ago, @brenosantos said:

A piece of Asia... in Sweden - FM16 YOUTH CHALLENGE

Welcome to my career! I don't comment on this forum often, but I always love to read some youth challenges in these forums, so I decided to start my own. First, sorry for any eventual grammatical mistake. I'm from Brazil and despite understanding English fairly well, I'm not fluent, so sometimes you may see one or another error. Be patient, please! :)

Some time ago, I read about the story of a swedish club founded by Kurdish immigrants (for those who don't know, Kurdistan is a "roughly defined geo-cultural region wherein the Kurdish people form a prominent majority population" /wikipedia, including areas of Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran). Looking for a new save, I decided to choose this team to play. So please, welcome Simon Ahmed, new manager of Dalkurd FF!

DALKURD FF - INTRODUCTION

Dalkurd FF.png

According to Wikipedia, Dalkurd FF is a Swedish football club, located in Borlänge, Sweden. The club was formed in 2004 by Kurdish immigrants. The club was formed in 2004 by some local inhabitants from Borlänge. The club started as a social project by the management and their purpose with the club was to contribute to the youngsters in Borlänge by offering activities for them. In the first season the squad consisted of an average age of 17 years. Beside contributing to the youngsters, the chairman, Ramazan Kizil, had a high expectation from the football players and an ultimate goal: he wanted to take Dalkurd to the professional levels of the Swedish league.

For this challenge, I've loaded three leagues (Sweden, Denmark and Turkey) with a large database and players of some countries/regions.

That said, let's take a look at the team information and the current squad (including U21/U19 players):

o0gyIrf.png?1

WhhhqYG.png

Our main target this year is to be promoted by winning the league to Superettan (swedish second tier) and there's only one direct spot, so we need to fit our best players into a suitable tactical system.

In terms of players, Predrag Randjelovic is our best player and Diego Montiel is by far our best prospect, so we need to to take good care of them. I hate to use a Target Man, but with Erik Törnros being our only decent striker, I'll need to play him as a TM. This will be interesting.

Finally, a quick look at our facilities:

UEmqzbE.png?1

We're going to have some work here :D

Your English is better than mine and I live here! 

Very curious to see if your regens pick up Middle Eastern second nationalities. Isn't there a Nordic club that produces a lot of dual nationality Africans as well? Those are the types of clubs I'm thinking about for my next FM adventure down the line.

10 hours ago, -Ironhide- said:

This looks like a great idea - I can't wait for the rest!

Thank you! :)

9 hours ago, withnail316 said:

Sweden seems a popular destination this year. Good luck!

I haven't seen many careers in Sweden, but surely it's a good place to play. Thank you!

59 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

Good luck!

I'll need! :D

9 hours ago, Chrismatthews16 said:

Your English is better than mine and I live here! 

It's very pleasing to read this type of comment, but sometimes I need some help from Google (something like 20-30% of phrases).

1 hour ago, Ceching You Out said:

Very curious to see if your regens pick up Middle Eastern second nationalities. Isn't there a Nordic club that produces a lot of dual nationality Africans as well? Those are the types of clubs I'm thinking about for my next FM adventure down the line.

I sincerely hope that to happen, it would be a very nice addition to my career. I don't know about this other Nordic club, but it seems completely possible as many clubs in Scandinavia have asian/african influences.

2015 YOUTH INTAKE

First of all, I hired a HoYD. He isn't great, but it's the best I could find so far.

6UUeoM8.png?1

Let's take a look into our first intake...

f9kwhpq.png?1

Errrrm... this isn't good.

I've signed four players due to our lack of options currently, but I can't see a bright future for any of them.

Vj21IGM.png?1

sLw1zZl.png

JJnVcxf.png

mgaDM0F.png

We'll need to improve our youth recruitment quickly because  this intake was really bad.

And, unfortunately, no asian players. :(

9 hours ago, abirdc said:

Interesting :D 

Did any of the young intakes pick up any middle eastern 2nd nationality? 

Yes, I checked into teams of my division and I saw one or two players with Turkish nationality, and an Iraqi one.

Spoiler

y4ITWE4.png

After a tough season, our team didn't reach the goal set by the board of being promoted by winning the league. Instead, we're going to promotion/relegation playoffs thanks to a late winner scored by Rasmus Holmbom for Pitea IF against Nyköpings BIS. Our players tried really hard to lose the spot, but they couldn't. We were lucky.

WAssaoc.png

rp20IZK.png?1

We will face a club from Superettan (2nd tier), so hard work is needed.

Despite this, we're doing well in the Swedish Cup, reaching the Group Stage after knocking out Mjallby AIF (one of our potential rivals in playoffs).

P.S: The Swedish Cup runs in July-May system, while the league runs in January-December system.

nfFBz4q.png

And our dream in the Swedish Cup continues after another late goal, this time scored by Vandinho for Halmstads BK! We had a very difficult group, but after two wins against Varbergs BoIS and Alsvenskan side Orebro SK, we're going to the quarter-finals!

0B1lavc.png

HnhBcDL.png?1

We're going to face AIK Solna away from home. I don't expect anything from this game, but we will give our best shot.

3uWnxo7.png

DALKURD FF - 2015 SEASON REVIEW

Dalkurd FF.png

Division 1 Norra: 2nd (Promoted via Playoffs; a2-2 vs Utsiktens BK) | Schedule

Swedish Cup: Semi Final (0-2 vs Jonköpings Södra IF) |

Transfers: Players (empty) |Staff

Next Season Goals:

• Mid-Table (Superettan);
  • Group Stage (Swedish Cup)

Key Players:

• George Mousailly (DC - 7.12 AvR);
  • Jesper Nyholm (DC - 7.08);
  • Erik Törnros (ST - 7.21)

League Winners In Sweden:

• Allsvenskan: IFK Göteborg
  • Superettan: Jonköpings Sodra IF
  • Division 1: Vasalunds IF (Norra), Trelleborgs FF (Sodra)
  • Division 2: Team TG FF (Norrland), Tvaakers IF (Vastra Gotaland), FC Trollhattan (Ostra Gotaland), FC Rosengard (Sodra Gotaland), Enskede IK (Norra Svealand), FC Linkoping City (Sodra Svealand)
  • Swedish Cup: Jonkopings Sodra IF vs IK Sirius (to be played)

Youth Watch:

guboMJ3.png?1

Club Watch:

sPtad5S.png?1

DALKURD FF - JULY/16

Dalkurd FF.png

Our media prediction placed us in a relegation playoff spot (13th/16), but we are clearly overachieving and with just two losses in 15 games, promotion seems a real target this year.

ivCASc4.png?1

We are doing really well and currently five games unbeaten and without conceding. Erik Törnros broke his leg and we've found the winning formula with Rawez Lawan playing as a False 9, with 5 gols in 14 games, but he's coming back and I'll try to rotate the squad to fit him.

SMse9T4.png

Everything is very tight right now and we are only 2 points below GIF Sundsvall, we need to maintain our form if we want to be champions or promoted.

2016 Youth Intake

H7b7BsB.png?1

Another poor intake. Our facilities seem to produce only good players to the 3rd tier and we need to upgrade them quickly. Despite this, i've tagged six players.

dPCEwbQ.png

Good player with some good physical stats, but he needs to improve in technical and mental ones.

YWNyAQD.png

I can use him as a Poacher or maybe as a False Nine, he ain't got good mentals but there's time to development.

auVTXBq.png

Turkish second nationality! He's professional and that's good, but I don't like his physical stats. 

oMQkB0L.png

Another striker with potential to be a False Nine.

7P1Nn0a.png

He has decent mentals and can improve in physical terms. He's also professional and plays in the left side, so I hope that he'll be important.

3bRN86v.png

Only tagged due to his personality, he needs to improve drastically in technical terms.

DALKURD FF - NOVEMBER/16

Dalkurd FF.png

TdNW5lA.png?1

We are the champions, my friends!

10 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses in the second half of the season were more than enough to secure a incredible trophy to our side, thanks to some good exhibitions made by Randjelovic and Rashidi. Our current squad is well suited to Superettan football, but I wasn't expecting this. Absolutely shocking. Now, we'll need some kind of miracle to stay in the Allsvenskan next season, 

EdUhsHj.png?1

Some great wins, but we've secured the trophy with a dramatic 2-1 win against Assyriska.

And now...

yA3HjBj.png?1

vEStepy.png?1

Amazing stuff!

Archived