[SUGGESTION] Historical Player Attribute Screens

BuryBlade

Currently, we can see a player's stats (goals, assists etc) from previous seasons in their history page. I want to be able to see what a player's attributes were each previous season. For example, my 30 year old superstar who currently has great attributes... I want to be able to view in his player history what his attributes were at 25, 21, 17. 

I see this being of benefit in two ways:

1) helping with scouting... If I can see what attributes my current older star players had when they were younger, I can look out for young players with similar attributes in the transfer market.

2) player development... I want to be able to see exactly how my players are developing year on year. If I can see their current attributes and compare them to their attributes for the previous year, or 2 years ago or 5 years, whatever you may wish, then I can monitor and improve player development more closely and efficiently.

Interested to hear any thoughts on this. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17 August 2016 at 16:55, ajinkyablaze said:

Just imagine the amount of data required to do all these things. Massive. 

Yeah, I guess you're right there. Save game files are already rather large after a handful of seasons... 

Maybe then the option at the end of each season to receive a report for each squad member detailing increases and decreases to their attributes for that season...

e.g. A Striker has increased his shooting (+2), dribbling (+1) etc. Unfortunately he has gotten worse on ...

similar to the reports that sometimes come through in the inbox from the assistant about recent training. 

Interesting idea but I'd much, much rather my game take longer to load because it includes 5000 new players than because it includes backlogged attributes for 5000 currently existing players for some reason. Besides, how would your scouts even know those numbers anyway..?

1 hour ago, Weston said:

Interesting idea but I'd much, much rather my game take longer to load because it includes 5000 new players than because it includes backlogged attributes for 5000 currently existing players for some reason. Besides, how would your scouts even know those numbers anyway..?

Your scouts wouldn't. This would only be available for your own players. All I want to see is year on year in year progression for my own team really. So not 5000 extra records, maybe just 50 more each year. This info would realistically be known by the coaching team working with the players day in day out. 

That makes more sense. I suppose the ability to turn on "show attribute changes" is their way of filling that need, and you can review old scout reports as well, but I get what you mean.

• 3 months later...

Archived