[Suggestion] New Transfer Clauses and Agree Personal Terms first

kurtmennie

1) It is becoming more common in football these days that the player would agree personal terms with a club before the two teams negotiate a fee. For example the deal with Pogba to Utd.

Both options should be available to either approach a club first (if there is a set price or minimum fee release clause, it could be a quicker process to avoid competition) or to approach the player first (to gauge their interest and if their asking price is too high, to encourage them to hand in a transfer request)

2) Also, there have been cases in football recently (particularly spain) where a player has a timed release clause until the end of the month for example, before the clause then increases. It would be good to have an option where the release clause goes up by a set percentage each season (determined in the contract negotiations). I think Marc Bartra was a recent case like this.

3) Another thing that is becoming common is first option clauses on specific players. For example Team A can buy a player from Team B but then Team B has first option on 2 bright prospects from Team A. Real life example is that Liverpool reportedly had a first option on Demerai Gray when they loaned Jordon Ibe to Birmingham City about 3 windows ago.

Way to do this would be to (respectively):

1) open up the contract offer option and then when a contract is agreed, open the transfer offer option. Think of it as the reverse of the current  offer > contract system.

2) include a "Release Clause Increase Percentage" option for contract negotiations. This is only applicable if a Minimum fee release clause is selected. Two drop down boxes on this option determine the amount of increase and how often the increase occurs.

3) New add on option on "Make an offer" screen that is called "First Option Player...". This would take you to the buying team's squad page and would allow you to select a player to highlight as first option. Works very similarly to the "Exchange Player" add on and then the first option would work in the same way it does for affiliate clubs.

• 1 month later...
On 08/08/2016 at 04:23, kurtmennie said:

2) Also, there have been cases in football recently (particularly spain) where a player has a timed release clause until the end of the month for example, before the clause then increases. It would be good to have an option where the release clause goes up by a set percentage each season (determined in the contract negotiations). I think Marc Bartra was a recent case like this.

sorry, could you explain more about this clause? 

11 hours ago, tiago_wakabayashi said:

sorry, could you explain more about this clause? 

I think he means for example a 5 years contract and release clause can only be triggered from year 3? Sometime the release clause price is different for year 3 and year 4 as well.

Good ideas. We have some similar thoughts in a few areas:

One other idea this made me think of is the ability to have an arranged fee on a player. I know there are buyback clauses, but similar to first option clauses say for example Team A buys Player A from Team B, the fee could be 10 million + the option to sign Player B for 5 million for a certain time period. Examples include the sorts of deals Juventus has made with Berardi and Vadala. I think in general clauses involving other players are underutilized in the game (even player trades seem unrealistically rare).

On 08/08/2016 at 08:23, kurtmennie said:

1) It is becoming more common in football these days that the player would agree personal terms with a club before the two teams negotiate a fee. For example the deal with Pogba to Utd.

Both options should be available to either approach a club first (if there is a set price or minimum fee release clause, it could be a quicker process to avoid competition) or to approach the player first (to gauge their interest and if their asking price is too high, to encourage them to hand in a transfer request)

3) Another thing that is becoming common is first option clauses on specific players. For example Team A can buy a player from Team B but then Team B has first option on 2 bright prospects from Team A. Real life example is that Liverpool reportedly had a first option on Demerai Gray when they loaned Jordon Ibe to Birmingham City about 3 windows ago.

Way to do this would be to (respectively):

1) open up the contract offer option and then when a contract is agreed, open the transfer offer option. Think of it as the reverse of the current  offer > contract system.

2) include a "Release Clause Increase Percentage" option for contract negotiations. This is only applicable if a Minimum fee release clause is selected. Two drop down boxes on this option determine the amount of increase and how often the increase occurs.

3) New add on option on "Make an offer" screen that is called "First Option Player...". This would take you to the buying team's squad page and would allow you to select a player to highlight as first option. Works very similarly to the "Exchange Player" add on and then the first option would work in the same way it does for affiliate clubs.

Some very good ideas actually, what i will say on the first one though is even though it obviously goes on i dont think its seen as ok to talk to a player before getting an agreement with the club (didnt Arsenal get Chelsea done for tapping up Ashley Cole once?) So perhaps they cant put it in the game because of it, what could be an option though is getting the selling club to allow you to speak to the player before a fee is agreed, off the top of my head i think this happened with Mustafi going to Arsenal this summer.

21 minutes ago, Chuck_thered said:

Some very good ideas actually, what i will say on the first one though is even though it obviously goes on i dont think its seen as ok to talk to a player before getting an agreement with the club (didnt Arsenal get Chelsea done for tapping up Ashley Cole once?) So perhaps they cant put it in the game because of it, what could be an option though is getting the selling club to allow you to speak to the player before a fee is agreed, off the top of my head i think this happened with Mustafi going to Arsenal this summer.

Yer, 1) is definitely illegal still illegal according to FIFA rules. However, it obviously still happens, particularly when players are away on internal duties and there are "chance happenings" in restaurants and such things. 

That being said, I think it could be made more realistic. Something more like:

1. Club A approaches Club B about being interested in buying player X, 
  2. Club B agrees to enter negotiation over player X with Club A
  3. Club A can now enter negotiation on personal terms with player X
  4. Club A finishes negotiation of transfer terms with Club B
  5. Club A finished negotiation of personal terms with Player X 

Now 4 and 5 can be swapped around and played around in many different scenarios, depending on how quickly negotiation of personal terms and transfer fee occurs.  Sometimes personal terms are agreed before a transfer fee (e.g. Pogba case), sometimes personal terms are agreed but a transfer fee is not agreed e.g. (Pedro to Man Utd in August 2015), sometimes a transfer fee is agreed before personal terms (e.g.majority of transfers), sometimes a transfer fee is agreed, but no personal terms are agreed (e.g. Sissoko to Everton this summer, who went on to sign for Spurs instead). 

That's what I would be excited to see. Could make transfers, particularly deadline day way more exciting! 

2 hours ago, tmason122 said:

Yer, 1) is definitely illegal still illegal according to FIFA rules. However, it obviously still happens, particularly when players are away on internal duties and there are "chance happenings" in restaurants and such things. 

That being said, I think it could be made more realistic. Something more like:

1. Club A approaches Club B about being interested in buying player X, 
  2. Club B agrees to enter negotiation over player X with Club A
  3. Club A can now enter negotiation on personal terms with player X
  4. Club A finishes negotiation of transfer terms with Club B
  5. Club A finished negotiation of personal terms with Player X 

Now 4 and 5 can be swapped around and played around in many different scenarios, depending on how quickly negotiation of personal terms and transfer fee occurs.  Sometimes personal terms are agreed before a transfer fee (e.g. Pogba case), sometimes personal terms are agreed but a transfer fee is not agreed e.g. (Pedro to Man Utd in August 2015), sometimes a transfer fee is agreed before personal terms (e.g.majority of transfers), sometimes a transfer fee is agreed, but no personal terms are agreed (e.g. Sissoko to Everton this summer, who went on to sign for Spurs instead). 

That's what I would be excited to see. Could make transfers, particularly deadline day way more exciting! 

Yeah exactly thats spot on, that could also lead to encouraging a player to hand in a transfer request and that could possibly get the player to ask for more wages (perhaps to the agent)

1 minute ago, Weston said:

This is discussed as well in this thread and a moderator seemed to agree which is a good sign, I guess

We are in the same position as you are, we can make suggestions, they don't let us write some code. (Fortunately)

4 minutes ago, KUBI said:

We are in the same position as you are, we can make suggestions, they don't let us write some code. (Fortunately)

Oh I figured, but it's nice when our ideas are backed by people who are at least a little closer to the inside ?

• 2 months later...

Archived