U19 cup problem: U19 teams change into first-teams when going into group-stages.

Aalbergsjo

I am almost done with my u19 cup. Trying to make a elite version of Norway Cup for u18/u19 and u20 teams from around the world. The cup starts fine in stage 0 (qualifying rounds) with only domestic u19 teams joining. 2 qualifying round i sometimes get some first teams joining but just as often looks good there as well. Now when the teams get to the group-stage it gets weird, the u19 teams that qualify from 2 qualifying round, change themself into first-teams?!? I have been trying to do minor changes the last days figuring this out with no luck. The foreign u18,u19,u20 and reserve teams from the other nations that should join, sometimes do and sometimes do not. The team kaizer chiefs u19 as a example, is standing right there at the injury table for the cup, but they are not joining it.. I still have one day i can try to figure this out myself, after that i will not have so much spaer time. Would be so awesome to get it finished, if i or you only could figure out why u19 teams become first-teams and prevent it from happening, the cup is finished and should be very easy for others to edit for their preferences. I play norwegian division, so the cup is set up in this nation on this database. If you load the database, simulate until 1 of july and have a look.

Norge 3 div, U19 div og Norway Cup U19.xml

Hello again everyone :) I now know exactly what the problem is. The u19 teams does not change themself into first-teams. They actually do not advance to stage 1 at all. Thats why the first-teams get added, because those 25 winning U19 teams from stage 0 does not :seagull:

The rest of the cup is finished. Maybe some small adjustment to match dates if i cant get all the teams to play at the dates set up already, now the matches get spred out so that the cup lasts much longer. But that is something that will be a joy to fix when i figure out why my teams do not advance from stage 0 to stage 1 :lol:

As you can see at the pictures, none of the U19 teams winning their match in "stage 0" is to be found in "Stage 1", therefor 25 first teams join instead (actually 26 first teams as i cant get the second-team from qatar to join). :)

Screenshot-8.png

Screenshot-9.png

Norway Cup U19_ Oversikt Runde.png

Norway Cup U19_ Oversikt Runde-2.png

Norway Cup U19_ Oversikt Runde-3.png

It is solved! :) Wrong settings on the round in "fate actions" :lol: Now i would also like teams from Australia, Nigeria and Ghana. Australia has youth squad, will see if i can get those joining as well without adding reserve teams. Now, for Nigeria and Ghana, as those nations is not playable, will it work to just add reserve teams in the club pages or do i have to change rules and such to get that to work as well? And how can i make sure that all the teams in the group stages play their games at the same day? I have set up 4 match days for 16 groups with 5 teams each, now the games are spread out on many days.

Nice, I've also made a few u19 cups and competitions and it's a bit more complicated than normal first teams. But I always have the problem that the tournaments always pick the biggest club's u19 teams and if that club does not have an u19s team but u18 (like in England) or u20 (like in Italy) that it'll pick first teams instead (could also be a part of your openings post problem). Unfortunately I also can't figure out how to add national u19 teams to the tournaments. Maybe we have to change the format of the cups to a international cup and then hope that they'll accept regular club's u19 teams.

Overall these youth cups are such a hassle to create.

54 minutes ago, Slabbekoorn said:

Nice, I've also made a few u19 cups and competitions and it's a bit more complicated than normal first teams. But I always have the problem that the tournaments always pick the biggest club's u19 teams and if that club does not have an u19s team but u18 (like in England) or u20 (like in Italy) that it'll pick first teams instead (could also be a part of your openings post problem). Unfortunately I also can't figure out how to add national u19 teams to the tournaments. Maybe we have to change the format of the cups to a international cup and then hope that they'll accept regular club's u19 teams.

I figured out how to add u18 teams and u20 teams from nations :)I also foun out that if you want more then 1 team from these nations, you have to put in the division as well as the nation it is picking the teams from ;) Now i got this new problem with my cup off course. I have 5 teams in each group in the group-stages. Do you know a way to set up dates for groups with 5 teams in it? Only one team plays all 4 games as 1 team has no opponent each date, now i set up 5 fixture dates for that stage, but the last date does not get used and the teams do not play those remaining matches :p Yes, it has been a frustrating week for sure, but also i have learned more about the editor then i ever tought possible in this week. I have not found a way to get random teams to enter myself, always the best teams joins. tried this "sort teams" but that does not look like it does anything at all :lol:

Think there is a option to add U19 national teams also from this section! :)

Screenshot-14.png

Screenshot-15.png

On 11.8.2016 at 16:41, Slabbekoorn said:

Hello again! I found out how to get different teams to cup :) First teams: "get best teams from divisions" you get a box you can check that say "randomize teams slightly"  Reserve and youth teams: "Get best reserve teams (use reserve leauge) :)

Screenshot.png

Screenshot-2.png

On 12-8-2016 at 23:51, Aalbergsjo said:

Hello again! I found out how to get different teams to cup :) First teams: "get best teams from divisions" you get a box you can check that say "randomize teams slightly"  Reserve and youth teams: "Get best reserve teams (use reserve leauge) :)

Screenshot.png

Screenshot-2.png

Great find, thanks!

Unfortunately I can't help you with the odd number group stage teams problem since I only created groups with even numbers. The only thing I can come up with is reverse engineer someone else's tournament if they did figure it out.  

As I've mentioned before, if a league or group has an odd number of teams, it needs one extra match date than it has matches for every full round of fixtures(for instance, for a group of five teams, one round would be 4 matches, but require 5 dates, 2 rounds would be 8 matches and require 10 dates etc.), because each team needs a bye week for where they have no opponent.

4 hours ago, Slabbekoorn said:

You haven't posted it in this topic until now Dave but maybe you mentioned it elsewhere, still a big thumbs up since this seems to solve the problem! I'm saving these notes for future editing. ;)

Oh, i didnt say that i got my groups figured out in here as well, my bad :) Yes, Dave helped me out with this fixture dates so now my cup runs like a charm, at least for the 3 years i have simulated :) Now its just small stuff left, setting up prizes and stuff like that. Didnt think i was going to, but now i have used so much time on it, so now i will make everything to perfection and figure out what everything is. Cant wait to buy myself the newest fm soon, then i will do it all over again i guess :p 

Archived