Idea: Reusing faces for regens

desmondwolff

I'm always sad to see the ugly mugs of the first regens, as it means the game is about to start to get more simulated and less grounded in real life data. But it also seems like we're throwing away lots of data: the pictures of real players you never see by the time a few seasons have passed and the game is mostly regens.

So, here's the idea: rather than using regen faces, could the game randomly choose the face  of a real retired player? Use all the fictionalized data as for every regen, but just use a real face. Obviously those in coaching couldn't reappear, but there's gotta be a huge number of real players you never see that could be re-used. You could have them re-used within the same nationality, so you don't have a bunch of Togolese lads showing up as Iceland youths, etc. 

Maybe this is something a non-SI mod could come up with?

There are already regen facepacks with real pictures available.

The problem with your idea is, that it looks weird to see a 28 year old player you did know as a 16 year old youth. Players you have never seen are well known for other FM managers and vice-versa.

Agree with KUBI on this idea. Whilst I think the regen faces went downhill in this version, they could be bettered by not chopping the chin off and just re-touching them up a little bit. Definitely think it would be weird to see real-life people as regens.

6 hours ago, KUBI said:

There are already regen facepacks with real pictures available.

The problem with your idea is, that it looks weird to see a 28 year old player you did know as a 16 year old youth. Players you have never seen are well known for other FM managers and vice-versa.

Cheers KUBI. Where would I find these packs? My idea runs on probability; the number of real players is so large, that the chance of seeing a player you know as a regen is minimal. 

3 hours ago, gibbo11 said:

Agree with KUBI on this idea. Whilst I think the regen faces went downhill in this version, they could be bettered by not chopping the chin off and just re-touching them up a little bit. Definitely think it would be weird to see real-life people as regens.

Cheers gibbo11. What would you think of making this an optional turn-on in preferences? I'd be interested to hear how hard this would be to design, 

• 4 months later...

Archived