[Suggestion] Scouting: Cancel Assignment

razmth

I haven't played FM 16, so sorry if this feature is already implemented and just forget it. Otherwise, if it's not implemented yet, I'd like to say I miss a lot this sort of feature on FM 15: more buttons to cancel an assignment.

As it's shown in the attached images, this button doesn't appear always on inbox screen and it'd be very appreciated to see the same button on player profile screen.

Moreover, knowledge percentage and days passed since the last report would be shown on assignment screen, thus we could remove assignments for those players that are already know and that are recent, saving some time of our scouts.

Regards,

razmth

20160815141832_1.jpg

20160815141839_1.jpg

The option to cancel is only disabled for the initial report in the scout starts assignment message, thereafter any report submitted by the scout includes the option to cancel the assignment.

3 hours ago, Barside said:

The option to cancel is only disabled for the initial report in the scout starts assignment message, thereafter any report submitted by the scout includes the option to cancel the assignment.

Well, great! I've noticed that sometimes it appear, sometimes not, but not why.  Anyway, things would got easier if it were available on the player profile. After seeing that a player has an undesirable characteristic (susceptible to injuries, bad-tempered, so on) it would be much easier to cancel it. Currently, we need to go (to search and then/or) to the assignment screen, find it in a huge list and finally finish the assignment prematurely.

Did you face this same annoyance? I've never faced it until establishing an incisive scout system.

It's not there because why would anyone cancel an assignment the continue after they created it? I do not find it a problem, if I want a final check on a player that my scouts have a high knowledge level of I ask them to watch the player for a week or a single match which tends to be enough to reach 100% knowledge, I also spread my scouting out over a season & only assign my scouts to take a closer look at players they have already identified in their competition assignments so the number of players being closely;y watched over the course of a season is never that high.

I'm currently managing a 3rd tier side in Norway & right now I only have 46 player scouted to a knowledge level greater than 80%, unless a scout has a player's potential at excellent or current ability at good from the competition assignment report I don''t bother with assigning a scout to watch that player with the only exception being if I need to find a specific type of player in which case I might ask the scouts to take a closer look at players they have given lower initial ratings to.

2 hours ago, Barside said:

It's not there because why would anyone cancel an assignment the continue after they created it?

Because the initial report can already reveal a reason for not being interested in the player anymore?

You have a system that works for you and has no need for the suggested increase in options to cancel assignments; great! Just like the OP, I have found myself looking for a 'cancel assignment' button where there is none. Having it in the player profile page would be great. As far as I'm concerned, it could replace the option to remove all scout reports (if it's still there in fm16; I'm not completely sure). I have never used it, apart from the one time I was curious what it would do exactly. Disappointment ensued when I found out it only did what its name implied. (For some strange reason I was hoping it would also cancel the current scouting assignment.)

• 4 months later...

Archived