More focus on immersive man management

beutros

Hi,

I think you should try and make the man management side of FM more immersive.  We've seen it in real life - just because you have a good CV - it doesn't mean anything if you can't get the players on your side or if you start to alienate your dressing room.

For instance the interaction to players...

I read in Rio Ferdinand's book that one of his perceived problems with Moyes was that he announced his team sheet on a certain day and then wanted no argument from anyone regarding who was selected.  Maybe that would have worked fine in a squad size like Everton but for Man Utd,in a team of internationals it wasn't good management.  Contrast that with SAF who was clever in that he would speak with a player first and say "Look son, I can't play you this week but get yourself fit for Wednesday because I need you for the Champions League".  In the Game world we should be able to do stuff like that.  Build a good rapport.  Good man management.  Giving players confidence.  There should be an option to say things like this proactively rather than wait for a player to stew and then the inevitable "I want a private word with you" from the player.

Even things like "Win the next game and I'll take you all out for a pizza"  (thank you Ranieri!)

Controlling the team's diet or banning their low fat chips on a Friday (Moyes when he was at Man Utd)

For older players the option to say something like "Look you can't be expecting to play 40 games a season but I need you for my key games.  You're still valued"

• 3 months later...

Archived