Training, Patterns of play etc

steam just is

Training is clearly a thorny point but the main FM game appears to be developing to a point at which the difference between playing the game and actually managing is vanishingly small. Which means training needs a revamp. Players of FM want to believe that their decisions make a difference and in virtually every aspect of FM this holds true. So...

i) follow Fifas lead and in the main game create specific training routines so you can clearly set a player weekly targets of development. This doesn't need to be visual.

ii) consider the opposition in your next game. It's great to get a scouting report but how about training specific tactics to damage the opposition. Eg. Playing against Leicester practice through balls to exploit lack of pace at the back.

iii) patterns of play. I'm a spurs fan (apologies). I would like my training routines to exist around the hi press getting the ball into lamela, erikesen who then feed Kane.

iv) the skills attribute (eg likes to switch the ball to opposite flank) is great. Loads more of these and considering the above intense training on one of them in regards to the next opposition. They won't be masters but maybe more prepared.

its a bit like finessing the Sistine chapel but hey ho. Thems my ideas.

• 3 months later...

Archived