[Suggestion]Arrange future jobs/Give notice

swordy9320

So here's the scenario.  

I'm going for the 5 league winning achievement.  I'm currently in March of the game in Italy, and my team is going nicely towards winning the Serie A.  After this my plans are to resign and go to Germany; there's a Wolfsburg job I've earmarked as a potential destination for a few years.

Disaster however as Wolfsburg sack their manager.  Now I have a decision to make - do I stay and win the league with my current team or make the jump?  

Of course I stay and win the league with my own team.  

However, wouldn't it be great if I was able to talk to Wolfsburg and tell them that I'd be willing to join at the end of the current season?  They'd wait for me because I'm Pep Guardiola, Jose Mourinho and Rinus Michels all rolled into one and I'd get to finish out my season at the current club.  You could even have a status effect for players that could make them work harder/lesser now that it's public that I'm going.  Also, my current team could then have a several month run at a new manager search.

There's obviously lots of people who have done this in real life - Guardiola the most recent example.  Apologies if this system is already in the game and I've missed it somehow but it really help those of us who go for those types of achievements and like to plan their career over the long term.

4 minutes ago, Chesters86 said:

I  could be wrong, but I'm sure there is an option in the negotiations to delay the start date until the end of season.

I think so too but has anyone ever been able to use that successfully in the scenario he gave as an example?

I think in general FM is at the level now where they could look into allowing these weirder, more complicated long term deals. Another example being when clubs that have reached their non-EU quota have another club sign a non-EU player and loan him to them.

14 hours ago, Chesters86 said:

I  could be wrong, but I'm sure there is an option in the negotiations to delay the start date until the end of season.

No you're correct!  I've just never found it before!

For those who might not also know where it is, after you've been through the whole process and are on the contract screen you click the DELAY button and it gives you the option to make your decision at the end of the season!

Sorry SI, I should have had more faith in you :lol:

42 minutes ago, damocles said:

No you're correct!  I've just never found it before!

For those who might not also know where it is, after you've been through the whole process and are on the contract screen you click the DELAY button and it gives you the option to make your decision at the end of the season!

Sorry SI, I should have had more faith in you :lol:

Still, it would be nice to be able to tell your club (and your agent, but that's for another post) that you will let your contract expire at the end of the season. That way they can start looking for replacements, and other clubs could be offering you a position at the end of the season. Would also give way to some van Gaal-Mourinho scenarios where the board has already replaced you, they just haven't told you yet. 

33 minutes ago, Adzke said:

Still, it would be nice to be able to tell your club (and your agent, but that's for another post) that you will let your contract expire at the end of the season. That way they can start looking for replacements, and other clubs could be offering you a position at the end of the season. Would also give way to some van Gaal-Mourinho scenarios where the board has already replaced you, they just haven't told you yet. 

Yeah, I mean do AI clubs have the ability to hire interim coaches in scenarios where you did delay? I'm sure it's possible but I've personally never seen it done. Also interesting you'd mention having an agent, that's a cool idea too.

Just now, Weston said:

Yeah, I mean do AI clubs have the ability to hire interim coaches in scenarios where you did delay? I'm sure it's possible but I've personally never seen it done. Also interesting you'd mention having an agent, that's a cool idea too.

You have the option to delay starting only if you're applying during the last 3rd of the season.

Just now, HUNT3R said:

You have the option to delay starting only if you're applying during the last 3rd of the season.

Interesting. If the offering club accepts that delay do they have the option of hiring an interim manager or do they just go without a manager? Are they much less likely to accept because of their inability to hire an interim manager if it is impossible? I feel like I play too much lower league stuff to ever see these sorts of high level power moves happen haha

19 minutes ago, Weston said:

Interesting. If the offering club accepts that delay do they have the option of hiring an interim manager or do they just go without a manager? Are they much less likely to accept because of their inability to hire an interim manager if it is impossible? I feel like I play too much lower league stuff to ever see these sorts of high level power moves happen haha

Sometimes they do, other times they don't.

• 3 weeks later...

What i would like is something similar to this however say you are in the final year of your contract, you could announce that you will not be renewing with the club, allowing other teams to know of your impending departure and so the press are more involved in linking you to new clubs.

also would be a good thing if you could announce your retirement at the end of the season like all other people on the game can do. So rather you just retire and boom game over you have an actual end to your career, that way if you were particularly successful at the club they could have a bit of a fanfare for you :p also would be interesting if you could then just basically go into holiday mode and then if your former team or perhaps a national team is in dire straits you could come out of retirement to rescue them haha but that might be a little too much!

6 hours ago, alter_ego said:

What i would like is something similar to this however say you are in the final year of your contract, you could announce that you will not be renewing with the club, allowing other teams to know of your impending departure and so the press are more involved in linking you to new clubs.

also would be a good thing if you could announce your retirement at the end of the season like all other people on the game can do. So rather you just retire and boom game over you have an actual end to your career, that way if you were particularly successful at the club they could have a bit of a fanfare for you :p also would be interesting if you could then just basically go into holiday mode and then if your former team or perhaps a national team is in dire straits you could come out of retirement to rescue them haha but that might be a little too much!

Good ideas!

I could imagine some players who are super good have won the league multiple seasons in a row wanting to retire and holiday for a few years with the option of returning again once it's gotten more difficult again.

• 3 months later...

Archived