A few tweaks rather than new features

kevgaleuk

1. In press conferences after international weeks PLEASE can the questions about time without a game be addressed. Yes it has been 2 weeks but 95% of my squad played internationals - surely their condition because of that is the pertinent element???

2. Quick keys to speed up touchline shouts when watching in highlight mode - it can be 10 mins of game time before the shout is used...

3. More shouts please.... specific to players i.e. stop the cross, stop shooting from tight angles, look for your team mate rather than shooting, have a shot... and so on or additional team ones like keep the ball, work the ball forward stop lumping it...

4. More realism in player/board and media expectations for newly promoted clubs. Pretty much every championship club that gets promoted is after 17th spot the first season; even second and maybe third season they aren't expected to be middle of the pack / top half yet my Norwich side are always expected to get top half the first season back in the prem....

5. Better AI in transfers - accepting that most people have commented on this - my issue is as follows. 1) big clubs are BIG clubs and in the main (with a few exceptions) they go after BIG players. Yes Man City bought Delph but I would say these are in the minority. In the main you see them linked with high profile youngsters or proven players because of their expectations. In my game (albeit I play the fake name version so its a little guess work on my part) Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd all want Jordan Rhodes after one good championship season (might get it if he'd had a stellar premiership season) and Liverpool & Chelsea want Snodgrass. Then 2) players move never get played and move on within a season. Yes players seem to gravitate towards clubs when everyone knows they won't play so that is realistic but the time frame they start complaining and then get sold on again after seems out... Then 3) Mid-sized top league clubs don't act enough. Some of the players that the top clubs want in the game would actually be courted by the next tier down... i.e. the press linked Nathan Redmond with Liverpool but they never put in a bid; in the end it was Southampton who bought him. Newcastle are different because they are a genuine big club with bigger players so that makes sense i.e. the loans out to bigger clubs, the lad going to Liverpool for £25m. Finally 4) larger second tier clubs should be more interested in non-playing players in the mid-lower top tier teams and the players would go (maybe just on loan) rather than just sitting in squads

6. The ability to EDIT a scouts search rather than having to stop it and re-submit it

7. When rejecting the rather presumptuous non-negotiable crap bid be able to feed back you minimum sale price i.e. he's not for sale but if you come back with £40m before add-ons I'd have to think about it or I value him at £10m so don't keep offering me £4m. That way it could be clear to the player as much as anyone what your view is (perhaps leading to a more realistic conversation about accepting a more realistic fee for them...) 

And okay a couple of new ones...

1. Agenda's for staff meetings. Rather than being talked at I'd love my PA to remind me that I have a staff meeting on x day and what topics would I like to cover... from there I might have a list of topics i.e. training, performances, scouting.... and so on. From each of these maybe an overview only, detailed report into the topics i.e. I might want my coach to only call out bad training performances and recommendations to fix. I might want my chief scout to summarise the updates from the scouts into sections - must draw your attention to x player who we scouted but his situation has now changed or top 3 players by position from all the scouts (as opposed to getting a message per scout once a month...)

2. Monthly meetings with the chairman. Rather than a static message I really want something akin to the interview process. Go over a range of topics from performances to morale to transfers to requests... ultimately there should be a little debate but it would help build the relationship you have and his trust in you over time. I.e. when you have a bad performance do you say yep crap result and I told them so at the time. Thankfully it was a blip and we have had good results since OR do you remind them that you are a recently promoted side that lost at old Trafford and maybe supporter expectations are a little high if they are upset... Similarly with signings/sales. It would also be a great place to start chats about upcoming transfer windows - any areas of the team you might need to strengthen, whether you have to sell before you buy and so on...  

Agenda for staff meetings: :thup::thup: !!
It would be great if it could "feel" a little better that the static way it is now ("Player A should be trained to do this". "Player B should be trained to do this". "Player C should be trained to do this". "Player D should be trained to do that".), you should also be able to use these meetings to tell your chief scout what you want him and his team to look for, and (if you have one) the DoF should attend, and give updates on transfer targets and/or get new targets due to input from you and your scout.

Chairman meetings: :thup::thup: 
I'm pretty sure that the managers of the world in one way or another interact with their superiors more often and more regularly than what we do in-game. Like with the staff meetings, these meetings should include the raising of topics on your behalf ("board requests") in an organized way, rather than the sudden way it's done now. I'd like to notify the board/chairman/director of something that I'd like to talk about on my behalf in advance, and then we could have a "discussion" during this meeting. If you, as manager, raise a request all the sudden during the meeting, it should have a higher risk for just being shot right down on the spot (unless it's something that really gives him the kicks).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived