Help with installing backgrounds

maukka

I just can't get those damn backgrounds workin, ive put em to My Documents----->Sports Interactive------>Football Manager 2008------->graphics-------->backgrounds and unticked "use skin cache" and ticked "always reload skin on confirm", and ticked "show background pictures" but nothing! What am I doing wrong plz help!

I just can't get those damn backgrounds workin, ive put em to My Documents----->Sports Interactive------>Football Manager 2008------->graphics-------->backgrounds and unticked "use skin cache" and ticked "always reload skin on confirm", and ticked "show background pictures" but nothing! What am I doing wrong plz help!

I'm not an expert or anything, but I do believe that 'Use Skin Cache' should be ticked.

Well, I'm using the same skin that you're trying to use, and I have it ticked, and it's working. Perhaps it's irrelevant, but I don't know.

I would try ticking 'Use Skin Cache', and see if that affects it at all.

I'm not an expert or anything, but I do believe that 'Use Skin Cache' should be ticked.

Well, I'm using the same skin that you're trying to use, and I have it ticked, and it's working. Perhaps it's irrelevant, but I don't know.

I would try ticking 'Use Skin Cache', and see if that affects it at all.

You need that unticked for the game to load the skin initially but it doesn't really matter after that. Ticking it just makes the game load faster.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem.

I created a new team and put them in the Blue Square Prem (I took out one team to replace with mine).

I've got backgrounds working for all prem clubs but I can't get a stadium backgound working for my club.

I've copied the image & .xml file into the correct folder (graphics/backgrounds/)

here is my .xml code

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload or cache anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<boolean id="cache" value="false"/>

<!-- turn on auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="true"/>

<list id="maps">

<!-- Premiership teams -->

<record from="myclub" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/myclubID/background"/>

</list>

</record>

Am I doing anything wrong?

Unticked use skin cache and ticked load backgrounds.

Archived