Tactic help

Currently playing this formation and tactic at the moment but seem to be very in-consistent with my results. Any advice ???? my striker finds it difficult to score, my inside forwards arent scoring either.

Usually i play Hazard on the left tielemans in the middle and greizmann or reus on the right. Higuain or cavani up front.

Midfield is Bentacur cm and Kramer  in holding. Defence is Rodriguez lb, zouma and bazoer in cd and azpi on the right......

20160828092931_1.jpg

20160828092946_1.jpg

From what I can see, your AF has no body to help in. Attack, and using the Shoot on Sight TI will limit the clear cut chances and his half chances will become his only opportunities to score. But I'm not a tactical expert, so I'd say  remove shoot on sight, and instead of hit early crosses, use the Player Instruction on your IFs to Cross More Often and Shoot Less Often. If not working, come back to me, and I'll try to see what's going wrong.

EDIT: You want your IFs to score? Ok, um, change them to IF-A. That will override the Shoot Less Often and Cross More Often instruction, so change the Wing Backs to WB-A. If you're still wasting changes, set the TI Work Ball Into Box, and Look for Overlap. Then set the wing back's instructuons to cross more often if their aren't already. 

3 minutes ago, pocketspace said:

Could you explain why you've selected so many TIs?

I didnt realise that was alot.... ive seen some tactics on the workshop where 16 ti's are being used and everyone has rated it 5 star!

7 minutes ago, -Ironhide- said:

From what I can see, your AF has no body to help in. Attack, and using the Shoot on Sight TI will limit the clear cut chances and his half chances will become his only opportunities to score. But I'm not a tactical expert, so I'd say  remove shoot on sight, and instead of hit early crosses, use the Player Instruction on your IFs to Cross More Often and Shoot Less Often. If not working, come back to me, and I'll try to see what's going wrong.

EDIT: You want your IFs to score? Ok, um, change them to IF-A. That will override the Shoot Less Often and Cross More Often instruction, so change the Wing Backs to WB-A. If you're still wasting changes, set the TI Work Ball Into Box, and Look for Overlap. Then set the wing back's instructuons to cross more often if their aren't already. 

Ok cheers will try them changes, just thought with greizmann and hazard i should be scoring a bit more thats all...hopefully carrying on this save tonight so will keep you posted on how it goes. Thanks

2 minutes ago, strods said:

I didnt realise that was alot.... ive seen some tactics on the workshop where 16 ti's are being used and everyone has rated it 5 star!

That doesn't mean anything, you got to know how you want to play and how these TIs are affecting your style of football.

I would suggest reading the FAQs if you haven't already, it might make a few things click regarding your tactic.  I'll point out a few things I would focus on initially.

Your playing attacking mentality meaning players are very forward thinking an will take lots of risks.  Its played at a very high tempo so they won't wait for something to develop, they will try something (long shots etc) before they lose it.  You've then added to this by telling them to shoot on sight.

Your formation is your defensive positioning, so your left CM is very open.  Attacking pushes up and closes down hard but you've dropped another player deep and opened a gap in your midfield to play through your press.  If you want to press then you need to commit to it.  If you want a shielding player for the CBs then you can, but you need to make sure its hard to play past your press.

Your hitting early crosses to an AF which makes sense if the opponents push up and you can swing a cross in behind before they get organized, but your playing as a big club, attacking, pressing hard so how much do the opponents push up for you to get behind with an early cross?  Who is sending these crosses in?  If you have IF's I would expect them to have the wrong foot to swing a cross in behind since they're setup to cut inside.

Playing high tempo attacking football with an AF might make him not wait for support, he won't look to hold up the ball and will probably try to run with it. With no other attack duty in the team he might be isolated and have no options but to just take a pot shot.

Your using an AP but are telling the team to exploit the left and right?  What have a playmaker who players will look to give the ball, then tell them to focus away from him?

Archived