Does size matter

1st post on these forums. New to game but not football. I have created my own club  based on my local one  in Oxfordshire. Now the plan is, eventually,to win the triple of premier league, champions league & fa cup.  But to put it bluntly I live in the sticks & in real life the local area just would not have the population to support such a club. Does the game take this into account & will I be stuck with low attendance & ongoing budget issues, or does the crowd size mirror the success & I could eventually sell out a 50k stadium in rural Oxfordshire.

Also in just looking at various clubs in the lower leagues, I prefer to try to build up a dynasty, in my game they  all appear to be financial basket cases. I get that football is a serious not for profit activity for most clubs but are there any of the clubs in the lower leagues that have even a semblance of a budget to work with.

Thanks for any replies.

Your target crowd will be based on where you are based and so it will be very difficult to have large crowds in any rural location, regardless of your on-field success.  Your dream of 50k crowds would be almost impossible under these circumstances.

Lower league management can be a very different beast to tackling top flight clubs; you have to achieve with poor facilities, little money and poorer players.  It's a challenge. The golden rule is stay within the wage budget the board sets you - which means you have to be very picky about any players you are spending transfer money on and will need to use the free transfer market.  Long term success can be chancy (as in real life, managing to get a good run in one of the cups helps, as does playing pre-season friendlies against the bigger clubs).  I played Woking in the 2014 and 2015 versions.  In the first one I never got them out of the Conference in seven seasons, but in the 2015 version we won it in our third year, and now twelve seasons in we are in the Championship and raking the money (still with a 6,000 seat stadium).  Having said that I have maxed out my wage budget and our average wages and player values are the lowest in the league. 

Archived